UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Lingua Latina - New Forum Feedback

I hope the new forum addition "Lingua Latina" will be a popular place for all things Latin...

cheers

viggen

Dear Friends,

"Lingua Latina" is the corrent term for "the Latin Language."

Please correct.

This is excellent , I am trying to get to grips with some basic Latin at present and welcome hints and tips , and the sharing of learning methods and bibilographies. I speak passable basic Italian and dire French ,so its not too big a leap to understand sentence structure. What I find so interesting is the expressive excellence of Latin vocabulary-the root words seem to be so beautifully correct. Obviously as im "thinking backwards" they would do but that doesnt diminsh the poetry of the words.

Vado Vindolanda ibi vallum Hadriensis splendidus . ( correct if needed, thank you) :)

Dear Friends,

"Lingua Latina" is the corrent term for "the Latin Language."

Please correct.

Oh yes, it should be Lingua Latina. Oh maybe you could make the English to Latin also English/Latin and Latin/English so people can request both. Oh this forum is gonna be my new stongpoint.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus

Ha! My request was finally heard. Come on, you admins. Give props to the man who suggested the idea. :romansoldier:

Indeed, 'props' are given, it was Scerio who made the suggestion. Now you have your own little section of the boards to run rampant in :)

This will be a great advance for UNRV. Now with an even greater capacity for latin translation to and from english, the site is even greater than it already was.