UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Nephele

Your Hidden Roman Name

Since I've been doing these Hidden Roman Names here for some time, I figured it's time to update this posting, and provide a new scrambling tool.

What I do here is find your "hidden" Roman name in your own name through the art of anagram or blanagram. A blanagram is like an anagram, except that one letter has been exchanged for another.

In my Hidden Roman Names blanagrams, I may exchange more than one letter, because a masculine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i", "u", and "s". A feminine ancient Roman name will generally require the letters "i" and "a".

All you need to do is provide me with a scramble of the letters of your first and last names (and let me know whether you are male or female). If you have a short name, then please include your middle name as well in your scramble.

I ask you to scramble your name for privacy. Here is a scrambling tool if you need help:

Scramble Me! (don't leave spaces between your first, middle, and last names as your type them out)

Your resulting Roman name will be uniquely your own, as it will be created from the rearranged letters of your existing name. You may even receive your ancient Roman "family history", to go with your new name.

More about Roman names.

-- Nephele

Lost_Warrior, male or female? You didn't say, so I'll guess female. If I'm wrong, let me know.

I automatically changed the "j" and "y" in your scramble to "i", to correspond with the ancient Roman alphabet. Then traded the "e" and "k" for two "a"s.

Your hidden Roman name is...

Metilia Cloelina

(imlkleiecntloie -ek +aa)

Click on links to read your "family history".

Thanks for participating! :furious:

-- Nepilla

Edited by Nepilla Herena

Just out of curiousity... is there a reason the names have to be scrambled?

My name is in my sig if you feel like doing it.

While you're at it, I'd like a Goth name too, something like Fritigern would be good. (Oh wait, you didn't mean actual historical Goths :furious:)

I ask people to scramble their names for their personal privacy. But since you've already made your name public in your sig, it really doesn't matter.

While you're at it, I'd like a Goth name too, something like Fritigern would be good. (Oh wait, you didn't mean actual historical Goths :furious:)

lol. Well, maybe someday I'll do historical Goth (with a capital "G") names. For now, I'll stick to the subcultural goth (distinguished by the lower-case "g"). :ph34r:

Do you have a middle name that you can also give me to work with?

-- Nepilla

I ask people to scramble their names for their personal privacy. But since you've already made your name public in your sig, it really doesn't matter.

While you're at it, I'd like a Goth name too, something like Fritigern would be good. (Oh wait, you didn't mean actual historical Goths :ph34r:)

lol. Well, maybe someday I'll do historical Goth (with a capital "G") names. For now, I'll stick to the subcultural goth (distinguished by the lower-case "g"). :blink:

Do you have a middle name that you can also give me to work with?

-- Nepilla

Christopher Eugene Heaton

(Yes, Eugene... :furious: )

What the hell, give me a good Goth name to instill fear in the Romans. Imagine if rather than Theoderic, it was actually "Dark Paragon, Lord of Blackness" who maintained civilization in the 'post' Roman west.

Christopher Eugene Heaton

(Yes, Eugene... :furious: )

What the hell, give me a good Goth name to instill fear in the Romans. Imagine if rather than Theoderic, it was actually "Dark Paragon, Lord of Blackness" who maintained civilization in the 'post' Roman west.

Hahahaha! Okay, I'll be back later with both your Roman name and your dark, dark name (or, "nomen tenebrarum").

-- Nepilla

ncaipta klbekac dedera

Supply you with first.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Primus Pilus, a blanagram of "Chris Heaton" worked out best for your hidden Roman name...

N. Herius Cato

(Chris Heaton -h +u)

Herius is actually a rare praenomen used exclusively by the Asinius gens, but I'm cheating and using it as a nomen for you.

Your dark, dark name is: Nisroch Hate (anagram of Chris Heaton).

Gaius Octavius, can you include your middle name in your scramble?

-- Nepilla

haha cool! I was never good at anagrams.

I can't for the life of me get the links to work right now. Must be my ISP acting up again...

Primus Pilus, a blanagram of "Chris Heaton" worked out best for your hidden Roman name...

N. Herius Cato

(Chris Heaton -h +u)

Lol thanks. Does that mean I am now officially a member of the anti-Caesarian faction?

Your dark, dark name is: Nisroch Hate (anagram of Chris Heaton).

Now I am much more aptly characterized with angst and dread.

Gaius Octavius, I'll be back later with yours.

Lost Warrior, glad you liked. :)

Lol thanks. Does that mean I am now officially a member of the anti-Caesarian faction?

Well, you could always identify with Cato the Elder, if you prefer. :)

Now I am much more aptly characterized with angst and dread.

I did that dark name in haste -- not one of my better efforts. Have two more...

Christopher Eugene Heaton = Theophore Terence Anguish

Christopher E. Heaton = Horhotep Nitechaser

-- Nepilla (destined to be merely a Serva in aeternum. *sigh*)

atincishrsfjoeositnargchsp or atincishrositnargchsp

good luck with that mess...

cheers

viggen

Gaius Octavius, here is your hidden Roman name. Click on the link for Caelius to read about a famous member of your gens.

D. Caelius Aper Cantaber

(ncaipta klbekac dedera -dkk +urs)

The cognomen "Aper" means "wild boar", attesting to your ferocity.

The agnomen "Cantaber" is an honorific given to you for having distinguished yourself in the Cantabrian Wars (29 B.C.E. - 19 B.C.E.) during the conquest of Hispania.

Viggen, I'll be back later with yours. But first... male or female?

-- Nepilla

Edited by Nepilla Herena