UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Book Review - Rome, Inc.

Primus Pilus

Another review by Ursus...

Psychotic leaders. Conflict and conquest. Back stabbing and intrigue. Extremities of wealth and power. The rise and collapse of empires. Are we talking about Ancient Rome? No, just another day in the life of a large corporation.

Any Romanophile who is also a creature of corporate culture may enjoy Stanley Bing

Thanks for an intriguing review, Ursus! I'll have to check out this book.

"If at the end of the day you have garnered a rueful chuckle at comparing your bosses to the swaggering warlords of Rome, you will have availed yourself of all the book can actually promise."

Being a boss lady, myself, I wonder whether I'll be somewhat embarrassed when I read this? Does the book make a note of the Jekyll-and-Hyde managerial type? Ruthless warlord while on the job -- easy-going sweetheart when not? :D

-- Nephele

Being a boss lady, myself, I wonder whether I'll be somewhat embarrassed when I read this?

I would like to compare my own leadership style to Augustus. I do not however like hiding my authority, and suspect I come across more as a Diocletian.

• 1 month later...

I actually read that book, it i thought it was great (as was your review Ursus), My personal summary;

the perfect present for the rich CEO uncle you want to get to know roman history... B)

cheers

viggen