UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

The Enemies of Rome by Philip Matyszak

Viggen

As this book has been previously reviewed by an esteemed colleague who is quite knowledgeable of the military history of Rome, I will not approach the book from the same vantage point. Instead, I will be reviewing the book as someone who is college educated with a basic knowledge of Roman history, one who recognizes the majority of the names and places mentioned in this book, but certainly is no expert is Roman history. In this light, Matyszak

As this book has been previously reviewed by an esteemed colleague who is quite knowledgeable of the military history of Rome, I will not approach the book from the same vantage point. Instead, I will be reviewing the book as someone who is college educated with a basic knowledge of Roman history, one who recognizes the majority of the names and places mentioned in this book, but certainly is no expert is Roman history. In this light, Matyszak

Excellent review Doc!

I also liked the Sarah Harmon phD thingy you sneaked in at the bottom....... You just couldn't resist could you! :ph34r: , then again if I was clever enough to letters after my name I'd be shouting it from the rooftops too!

"DOCTOR Harmon...I didn't spend 8 years in Evil Graduate School to be called 'Miss'."

Oops...wrong one...*giggle*

Besides, I take this as an article of sorts, so the title and all the other stuff comes in.

"DOCTOR Harmon...I didn't spend 8 years in Evil Graduate School to be called 'Miss'."

Oops...wrong one...*giggle*

Besides, I take this as an article of sorts, so the title and all the other stuff comes in.

When you get an air conditioner, you can add A/C after your other titles, Doll.

I would, Ursus, if only to have as a reference. But the chapters on the 'lesser-known' enemies (I'm thinking mostly of North Africa and the Middle East) really helped to round out my knowledge of the area.