UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Viggen

Gladiator: The Roman Fighter

Very nice review Lanista.

I love these easy going and hugely enjoyable books that Maty keeps producing, they really do make learning about ancient Rome a pleasure. This one is definately next on my hit list.

Salve Lanista,

I agree with Gaius Paulinus that it is a nice review. Thanks also that you even mentioned me providing Maty with some facts for this book *blush* But I totally agree with you that it's a good book written in a nice style (I've already read my specimen copy) that's why I put it on top five of my gladiator book list :rolleyes:

Cheers, Gaius. Its a brilliant book - I've got loads on the subject and this is by far the best.

Medusa - we spoke at length about your input on the project. Maty said that he could not have "known" all the practical stuff in there without your help. No need for modesty here, I think... your input really gave the book depth, you know. Like I said, its those little things like resting the shield on your greave...that's an insight you can only get from having done it for real (well as real as it can get!).

Cheers

Russ

Sign in to follow this  

• Map of the Roman Empire