UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Under The Eagle

Viggen

I have yet to aquire any of the others, however with my very generous graduation gifts from various people I may just stop by Amazon and get some...when I get home from my dad's.

i've read all the books in the eagle series so far and you'll be happy to know that they just keep getting better and better, cato and macro continue to get into more and more scrapes and life threatening situations but always manage to save the day and the battle scenes get bigger and more intense as ther series goes on

so happy reading and enjoy :D:D

maximus

i've read all the books in the eagle series so far and you'll be happy to know that they just keep getting better and better, cato and macro continue to get into more and more scrapes and life threatening situations but always manage to save the day and the battle scenes get bigger and more intense as ther series goes on

Good to know, I love happy endings :D (seriously I will read the end of the book first so the ending doesn't upset me lol!)

lost warrior, i can tell you that,

Simon Scarrow told me that he was very pleased with your review and we might do soon an interview with him, hows that for good news!

cheers

viggen

I've read the Eagles series as far as it goes, too, and I have to agree, they're brilliant. :o Macro is such a loveable rogue! I can't wait for the next one, I think they're wonderful...curious as to what's happening next....wish there was some way to find out! :(

Im a great fan of Scarrows books too,if you liked his novels you'll like Bernard Cornwell's historical fiction,there styles are very similar.

I still havent read the last book in the series (its on my list) but i greatly enjoyed Macro and Cato's romp over Brittania ;) .

• 3 years later...

I'm way late in piping in, but I just discovered the "Eagle" series by Scarrow and share the enthusiasm with the other posters in this thread. It's a fun series to read. I'm in the middle of #3 - "Where the Eagle Hunts", and so far I like the second book best of the first three.

Nobody's going to accuse these books of being too deep, but they're just downright fun.

I am a big fan of Simon Scarrow's books. I started off by reading the Eagles Prey, and that got me into the series. Right now I am reading Centurion, which is the last book in the series. I think these books are great, the characters are all good, and so are the plots.

Edited by Centurion-Macro

I am a big fan of Simon Scarrow's books. I started off by reading the Eagles Prey, and that got me into the series. Right now I am reading Centurion, which is the last book in the series. I think these books are great, the characters are all good, and so are the plots.

Centurion isn't the last one in the series, Macro. "The Gladiator" came out the other day, so more macro and cato for you.

Cheers

Russ

Centurion isn't the last one in the series, Macro. "The Gladiator" came out the other day, so more macro and cato for you.

Cheers

Russ

There is another one?! thats great! thanks for telling me!