UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

December, 2006 Giveaway

Primus Pilus

We are happy to announce a December book give away in association with ArmorVenue just in time for the holiday season.

Eight active participants of our forum will receive prizes in a random drawing.

The prizes are as follows:

HBO Rome, Season 1 DVD or (winner's choice) I, Claudius DVD

G.P. Maximus

1 Roman Empire Map

Honorius

1 Roman Empire Wallmaps

Rameses the Great

The Constitution of the Roman Republic by Andrew Lintott

MALADICT

The Complete Chronicle of the Emperors of Rome by Roger Michael

AEGYPTUS

The Making of a Christian Aristocracy; Social and Religious Change in the Western Roman Empire by Michele Renee Salzman

A History and Description of Roman Political Institutions by Frank Frost Abbott

Venus: A Biography by Andrew Dalby

Docoflove1974

The Enemies of Rome: From Hannibal to Attila the Hun by Philip Matyszak

Augustus: A Novel by John Edward Williams

Spittle

Pompey the Great by Robin Seager

The rules are as follows:

* Email your entry to drawing@unrv.com. It should include the subject line "December UNRV Giveaway" and the simple content: Entry for (your publicly known forum name). Delivery information need not be provided until winners are announced.

* Participants must be a registered member of this forum and email entry must match the forum member profile.

* Participants must be a member of the "Plebes" or higher membership group (10 qualifying posts or higher).

Forum spamming to reach this qualifying level will result in immediate disqualification. (at discretion of www.unrv.com administrators)

* 1 entry per participant.

* Entries must be received by Midnight (12 pm or hour 00) Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5 hours: East Coast United States) December 14, 2006 (Wednesday night for the date/calendar challenged :hammer:).

* Limited to locations that Amazon.com (or affiliated group) can ship prizes to.

* Winners will be announced on Saturday, December 16, 2006.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special thanks to ArmorVenue for their generous sponsorship. Armor Venue is a seller of authentic Roman armor and weapon replicas

Please feel free to use this thread to discuss the drawing, the prizes, etc.

As promised by Saturday (in my time zone anyway) here are the winners of our December, 2006 giveaway.

The competition was close, but in the end, using a random number generator makes it fairly indiscriminate. :blink:

The following list is in order. Each member of the list will get to choose the item they prefer prior to the next selection. Yes, I'm afraid it might take a bit to get this all resolved and it would be shocking if anyone gets their prizes prior to Christmas, but this will ensure that each winner gets the most appropriate prize.

(If somebody gets lined up with an item they already have, we will work out an alternative... no worries.)

Without further ado....

1. Maladict (choice of any)

2. docoflove

3. Rameses the great

4. Gaius Paulinus Maximus

5. Aegyptus

6. Honorius

7. Spittle

8. Kosmo

Here's what will happen. I have PM'd Maladict asking him what he prefers. I will post his prize and winner #2 (docoflove) will get to pick. In the meantime, if any of you are too impatient, you can PM me a list of all the prizes you prefer in order.