UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Gaius Octavius

NYC Area Romans.

I don't know how the 'American Meeting' is going, so, I propose a meeting of the NYC Metropolitan area Romans in lieu thereof of or in addition thereto. Those Brits can't have one up on US.

1. It would be held at Gargiulo's Restaurant in Coney Island. They have a parking lot. See:

http://www.gargiulos.com/

2. The only Roman ruin would be me.

3. It would be held in April on a Saturday or Sunday for lunch or diner. (No snow problem, hopefully.)

4. Bring a consort.

5. Be prepared to trust me with a cheque by a date certain. And, it better not bounce! :2guns:

6. Tell me how much you are willing to cough up per head for the affair.

7. PM me if you are interested, and I will give you my e-mail address. I have no intention of trying to get our Site to accommodate mass messages. I don't know how.

8. Gargiulo's is approved by Pantagathus.

9. You may have to eat whatever Eyetalian slops you get.

10. Leave your cannons with the bartender.

:P

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Will you guys be wearing togas?

Will you guys be wearing togas?

I'll wear a kilt if most want. :lol: Let me know in your PM's. Come as you please. Ladies in birthday suits most welcome. :yes::thumbsup::naughty:

BTW, if any cheques bounce, I'll have the poltroons knees adjusted.

:ph34r:

Edited by Gaius Octavius

I don't know how the 'American Meeting' is going, so, I propose a meeting of the NYC Metropolitan area Romans in lieu thereof of or in addition thereto. Those Brits can't have one up on US.

...Our meeting gets ever nearer. 21 days and counting!!! :)

As you can see, not a peep here.

Complete minutes of U.K. meeting, please. Leave out no detail whatsoever.

As you can see, not a peep here.

Complete minutes of U.K. meeting, please. Leave out no detail whatsoever.

Why not come to it? Can you not get a cheap flight from NY to Manchester? I could pick you up from there and then off to York! Youwould only need a hotel for the York bit, and the Travelodges are very cheap!

Edited by Northern Neil

I could pick you up from there and then off to York!

What wouldn't I give for a pic of the Pater Arcanae riding on the back of Northern Neil's motorcycle -- wearing goggles and with an aviator scarf streaming in the wind? Wheeee!

-- Nephele

What wouldn't I give for a pic of the Pater Arcanae riding on the back of Northern Neil's motorcycle -- wearing goggles and with an aviator scarf streaming in the wind? Wheeee!

-- Nephele

You sure got me sized up, Nephele! Naturally, I wear flying jacket, RAF Goggles and open face helmet. My bike is a BSA Spitfire - but really, I would prefer a spitfire with wings! Kilt and bagpipes are acceptable. By the way, have you chaps got your meeting sorted out yet?

You sure got me sized up, Nephele! Naturally, I wear flying jacket, RAF Goggles and open face helmet. My bike is a BSA Spitfire - but really, I would prefer a spitfire with wings! Kilt and bagpipes are acceptable. By the way, have you chaps got your meeting sorted out yet?

If any UNRV members within a train's ride of Penn Station should decide to come to Manhattan for a day, there's a GREAT pub right in the terminal to have a meal and pint, then we could zip straight out on the subway and be at the Metropolitan Museum of Art within minutes.

I HIGHLY recommend The Met as our venue, as April 20th the big event at the Met will be the reopening of the long-awaited, finally completed New Greek and Roman Galleries!

From The Met website:

"Essentially a "museum within the museum" for the Metropolitan's world-renowned collection of Hellenistic, Etruscan, South Italian, and Roman art, the new galleries will completely transform a space that was used for decades as the Museum's restaurant, but that was originally designed by the renowned architects McKim, Mead and White in 1912 as galleries for Roman art.

"Its centerpiece is the spectacular Leon Levy and Shelby White Court, a monumental peristyle area for the display of Hellenistic and Roman art with a soaring two-story atrium. This colossal statue of the young Hercules, a lion skin draped over his arm, will be there, along with many other works, including our great Badminton sarcophagus, decorated with more than 40 figures

Sounds exquisite, Nephele. Right now though, with my employment situation and various other personal concerns, I can't commit myself. But perhaps a little later in the year.

Sounds exquisite, Nephele. Right now though, with my employment situation and various other personal concerns, I can't commit myself. But perhaps a little later in the year.

Yes - leave it until later in the year, then maybe I can come!!

I HIGHLY recommend The Met as our venue, as April 20th the big event at the Met will be the reopening of the long-awaited, finally completed New Greek and Roman Galleries!

This sounds awesome, I saw it on a Bus add and immediately started plans for it.

Edited by Divi Filius