UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Antiochus III

user stats q

I was noticing that on the section about the forums regarding the number of registered users, it said 1368 users were registered, yet further down on the same age it states that the most nmber of users ever online was 1988 on whatever date in 07. Either one of these numbers is wrong or I am missing something very obvious...

ATG

I was noticing that on the section about the forums regarding the number of registered users, it said 1368 users were registered, yet further down on the same age it states that the most nmber of users ever online was 1988 on whatever date in 07. Either one of these numbers is wrong or I am missing something very obvious...

ATG

There are currently 1368 members (not users).

The 1988 users online on Jun 26 2007, 10:07 PM included many non-members.

There are currently 1368 members (not users).

The 1988 users online on Jun 26 2007, 10:07 PM included many non-members.

And I believe that the user counting system has been changed since then (which I find kinda sad).

Hmmm. There are maybe 40 people who post more than once in a blue moon. The rest are lurkers. I wouldn't worry about the official stats too much. :shocking:

...users are everyone, including search engine bots. At that particular day google alone had over 1000 of them crawling our site, as this puts allot of stress on the server we reduced the frequency which they are allowed to crawl to a few bots per minutes...

cheers

viggen

...users are everyone, including search engine bots. At that particular day google alone had over 1000 of them crawling our site, as this puts allot of stress on the server we reduced the frequency which they are allowed to crawl to a few bots per minutes...

cheers

viggen

Thanks for explaining that, I've been wondering about exactly what happened when the users online suddenly dropped from 2000 to 15 :shocking: