UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Rome Vs Han China

dnewhous,

so that you know, yes many armies banged on their shields before a battle, but where youre wrong is in saying that if it was a wooden shield it would not have resounded like an all iron one? this is very not true. when i am reenacting, the armies sometimes band on their shields and almost all of the 500+ fighters use wooden shields and it makes a VERY feirsome(sp?) sound...

nic,

yes hte "kekeke" is laughing, and its linked to absolute, complete, and utter immaturity... such imaturity that if you, the reader, were to take anything said with it seriously, then you would be considered by the one who wrote it a complete fool(not insulting you thats just how i take it to mean...) it comes from playing online computer games...

the poeple who (im assuming) are coming over from the chinese forums are coming across to me, and im sure others on this bored, as hostile and with an "im right so go screw yourself" kinda attitude. if this is not their intent then for all of you, try to word your posts differently. if it is your intent then you all really need to get out more.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also (since i dont wanna edit that last post..) did someone say that the chinese did infact not have any sort of sheild? which basically means no way to protect themselves against roman auxilary? or do the chinese also have the magical italian armor? :P

if the chinese have no way to defend against arrows how is it then that you expect them to fair well at all in any way against the roman archers? yes the romans didnt have the greatest archers in the world but i sure as heck would want a shield infront of me when go up against an archer of any nation.

so take this into play and correct the mistakes

the romans wold begin to advance

the chinese would fire their cross bows at them, but being as they arent yet in range they do little damage...

then since bows have a greater range (do they not?) the romans unleash a volley of arrows at the chinese and their crossbowmen damaging many, this process continues while the rest of the infintry advances

by the time the infintry gets with in lethal range of the crossbows, how many can you honestly say will be left to do any sort of major damge to the legion after taking such a barrage of auxilary fire? because i assure you in a battle such as this the romans would amass a staggering amount of every soldier type they had.

so in the end i believe the crossbowmen would infact get no chance to do damage to the roman army leaving it all up to the infintry and rendering the entire arguement of crossbows agsint roman sheilds USELESS! ahahahaahahah! (im just so sick of you all going back to the crossbows! ;) )

You want to count the whole Chinese empire, like the whole Roman empire, than it's +3000 yrs.

I was only talking about the Republic and the age of Caesar, I did not include the Byzantine Empire for the holy Roman Empire (they were NOT really the same if he asked me).

I know what you put there is not true, because the longest empire in history is the Roman empire, I

Praetorian 2000

I'm not trying to be offensive, but some of what you write is a bit incoherent, your probably strapped for time or something or what ever is the reason. It would be easier to understand if you wrote slower or something.

Examples:

In China as a whole at this time period was completely divided into different kingdoms, you have to see is that the Romans were divided into different kingdoms.

Yes I know the Romans did have Civil War like every Empire

"May be the overhead of just the Ballista but I highly doubt this, because what I knows that the Romans were masters of machinery, there are very popular seed weapons, building structures, getting water out of the ground (the same exact method by the Romans are still used today), mining minerals, and etc."

You say they are the masters of machinery but you didn't give any statistics about how they are "better" than the Chinese. They may be at some parts, but it's definitely not at warfare. Han catapults and ballista's can all outrange a Roman one.

"I personally think is a bias study, I mean average out ranges of different Ballistas. I to read as for myself to know."

How is it biased? It's not as if I'm comparing the best Han ballista to the worst Roman ballista. No, I'm comparing the average range of all their ballistas.

"It shows in history that they do conquer the known world if they

anthro.. modern warfare is very similar to warfare through out history. ALOT of the methods, tactics, stratagies, etc. are used and incorperated in todays military. arguing this is pure idiocy... the only real difference in wars today is technology.

also i still have yet to see anyone prove my lil theory wrong about the crossbowmen being dead bedfore they would ever be in range of the roman infintry... if you dont argue my point it will go to my head and make me think im smarter then all of you so argue with me!