UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Wimbledon 2009

I feel I have to congratulate Roger Federer for winning yet another epic final to take the Wimbledon crown - 16-14 in the final set against Andy Roddick. I was rooting for Roddick - I love Federer, but I feel he has had enough cracks at the whip and I wanted Roddick to win, especially after the 2004 final between them when Roger totally trounced him. However, having said that, Roger Federer is such a likeable man, and such a fantastic player, that I was happy to see him prevail in the end.

I was disappointed to learn that Rafa Nadal had pulled out of this year's Wimbledon, and said then that Roger would win it - no problem. But Andy Roddick did us proud. Our American cousins should be very proud of him.

And yet another Wimbledon championship when the men's competition was far more enjoyable than the women's. Please - no more Williams girls. I am becoming very very bored - and I am a tennis fan of some 30 years or so! The prospect of years of Venus versus Serena finals is a very bleak one.