UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Photographs from Rome

Rompe

http://s708.photobucket.com/albums/ww88/Romperome/

If you can not get into it, PLEASE let me know. Any questions about any of the fotos, feel more than free to ask. There are a few of on the airplane and such that you can just ignore, all the others are from Rome itself!

If the link does not work, please let me know and I will find another way of posting them up. I have around 200+ photos of my latest trip to Rome...that was back in April/May.

Enjoy!

I can't see it, at least not without signing up.

The album was on private somehow...it is now public. Enjoy!

I can't see it, at least not without signing up.

The album was on private somehow...it is now public. Enjoy!

And enjoy we shall; nice pics, thanks for sharing. Glad to know you had a good time.

Arguably, Augustus was hardly as handsome as his graphic propaganda depicted him.

Edited by sylla

So very welcome. When I go back in Spring again, I will post up more that I take.

It is sad that so much of the propaganda of that time has depicted people in so many false ways. Even going to places in Rome, in one area it seems like you can see and read one "version" about someone or something that has happend, then go to a different place and it is completely different. I cant remember the name of the museum that I stopped into quickly (since it was closing in about 30 minutes by the time I got there), but just in that little time, I think that I must have seen 2-3 different versions of how Nero was supposed to look. Wish that I could have gotten a photo of it, but there were signs saying "No photos", so didnt want to take the chance. Too bad cameras ,or a version of, were not around in Ancient Times (not counting paintings, sculptures etc) to accurately see how things and people really did look. At least we do have them now though so we can all share with others the sites.

• 4 weeks later...

Cool pix mate... I see you throwing up the horns in a couple of photos there, or is that a friend? Are you guys into METAL?

• 2 weeks later...
Cool pix mate... I see you throwing up the horns in a couple of photos there, or is that a friend? Are you guys into METAL?

Thank you very much! Oh yes, the horns just had to come out due to some of the spots that I was in at the time. That is me in the fotos. Self Portraits for this trip. (except the ones with "Caesar and the Legion Soldier" by the Colosseum)

I am not only into Metal/punk (old punk), but I am a musician, band/instrument tech, stage/tour manager, lighting and pyro tech for a lot of metal/punk bands! Had to bring out some "Metal Love" while going around the sites of Rome ;)