UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Roman Building, c. 1,800 Years Old, was Exposed in Israel

JGolomb

Seriously, the opening aerial pic ("general view") is breathtaking.

Sylla - I'm glad you pointed that out. I didn't look closely enough at the image...I thought it was a straight-on ground level view. Much more impressive from above! :-)

-Jason

WOW! Great find on this =) It would be so intresting if they could identify the owner of this mansion...or at least figure out what type of person owned it (land owner, senate member etc). That statue is in really good shape for being under the ground for so long. Does anyone know if there are any photographs of the earring they found anywhere online to see?

WOW! Great find on this =) It would be so intresting if they could identify the owner of this mansion...or at least figure out what type of person owned it (land owner, senate member etc). That statue is in really good shape for being under the ground for so long. Does anyone know if there are any photographs of the earring they found anywhere online to see?

Looked for a bit, but couldn't find any pictures of the earrings. :-/

Grrrr....I appreciate you looking! Maybe once the excavation is further along, they will put up or have photos of more of the finds posted online. *Crosses fingers*