UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

I was just wondering if anybody had played or come across Evony which is a browser based multiplayer online game?

I've played it for a couple of days now and am quite enjoying it, you start of with basically very little and have to build up your city by populating it and building farms, mining, lumbering etc. You get seven days of peace to establish yourself before you become open to attack from neighbouring cities.

This is the first time I've played anything like this online and just wondered if anybody had any thoughts on this game.

http://www.evony.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evony

I was just wondering if anybody had played or come across Evony which is a browser based multiplayer online game?

I've played it for a couple of days now and am quite enjoying it, you start of with basically very little and have to build up your city by populating it and building farms, mining, lumbering etc. You get seven days of peace to establish yourself before you become open to attack from neighbouring cities.

This is the first time I've played anything like this online and just wondered if anybody had any thoughts on this game.

http://www.evony.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evony

One of my neighbors have placed it for a few months are among the top 50-60 or so. he's spending far too much time on the game though.

One of my neighbors have placed it for a few months are among the top 50-60 or so. he's spending far too much time on the game though.

I can believe it, I bet it can become really addictive.

I just registered with it and havent a clue what is going on! Is there an online manual somewhere?

I just registered with it and havent a clue what is going on! Is there an online manual somewhere?

You just kind of have to suck it and see,

once you get your city you get 7 days to build it up before you can be attacked. there's a routine quest that helps you along and gives you targets to meet in order to progress to the next level.

It's pretty good fun but be warned it can get rather addictive.

I haven't tried it, but I've been plagued by Evony adverts for weeks now. I've sort of lost interest in RTS games in the last few months but I've started playing Empire Total War again.

I haven't tried it, but I've been plagued by Evony adverts for weeks now. I've sort of lost interest in RTS games in the last few months but I've started playing Empire Total War again.

"Empire: Total War" is awesome! Have you played since patch 1.4? It totally changes the game (for the better). Can't wait for the multiplayer campaign option to come out, that's when the real fun will begin.

"Empire: Total War" is awesome! Have you played since patch 1.4? It totally changes the game (for the better). Can't wait for the multiplayer campaign option to come out, that's when the real fun will begin.

Yeah, compared to Rome (and even Medieval II) Empire was a huge disappointmenton on release - quite possibly the worst game in the series - but the 1.4 patch has really improved it. I'm actually enjoying the campaigns now instead of being frustrated by it.