UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hbo Show Rome

Guest Matt

Hey all, been reading the site for a couple weeks now, just wanted to say, awesome site.

Anyways. I was watching HBO and for 2005 either a show or a movie, not sure which it is, will be about Rome. :-) They showed a brief clip of it going through new shows of next year. Just in case some didn't know. :P Can't wait.

From what I have read, HBO linked up with the BBC to do a mini-series on Rome.

Unfortunately I don't get HBO, even with illegal cable hookups. :P

I think ABC is also doing a mini-series as well. Both series are about the latter days of the Roman Republic.

• 2 weeks later...

It's due out later this year (longer than 6 months, sorry). One of the producers it's headed up by is the same producer who produced Band of Brothers, so I think we can expect a very high quality show. It basically follows the lives and fortunes of two soldiers fighting for Caesar, and I believe it spans most parts of the Empire, with the triumvirate, etc. An epic, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Rome BBC HBO

The thing about HBO, under my current free trial period, is that I get about 9 different HBO channels. The problem is... 5 or 6 of them seem to be showing the same thing at the same time, so what's the point.

Still, I'll need to watch this show. If's in any way comparable to the quality of 'Band of Brothers' it will be worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...