UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Hbo Show Rome

Guest Matt

I'm not sure I know this series =) speaking of which, last week in Italy another of these sad reality shows popped up, "Ritorno al presente"("return to present days"), which is supposed to take place in the roman era...only VIPs can enter it though, and when they are "nominated" they receive the "nominatio", or "nominationis" =|. The saddest thing since the teletubbies really..except the teletubbies do have a reason to exist (I mean, it's a good entertainment for children), ritorno al presente doesn't :lol: it's also an insult to our origins, considering the people who are taking part in it :ph34r: lol

The HBO/BBC Rome show hasn't aired yet. It won't until late summer, 2005 if I remember right. Nobody knows if it will be any good, but both networks are generally well respected for their original series productions.

And as far as 'reality' shows go... they are getting more and more ridiculous every day. Hopefully they die off soon.

The HBO/BBC Rome show hasn't aired yet. It won't until late summer, 2005 if I remember right. Nobody knows if it will be any good, but both networks are generally well respected for their original series productions.

Oh, ok. From what I read in the thread it should be very good, if it's on BBC then I can watch it, but I feel like I'd better get the DVD once and if it comes out (the power of subtitles!! :D that would help me understand it better)

I assume it will be on the BBC, but I really don't know how these joint productions work. Was 'Band of Brothers' aired on the BBC? If so, then I assume 'Rome' will be as well.

yes m8,Band of Brothers was on BBC2 and the rome one is on this summer.L

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...