UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
kurtedwr

Facebook Group

As Facebook wasn't exactly meant for prolonged, meaningful dialogue among strangers, I wouldn't hold your breath.

As Facebook wasn't exactly meant for prolonged, meaningful dialogue among strangers, I wouldn't hold your breath.

So far, we're up to 79 members. But hopefully we'll get more. Gotta popularize Late Roman History!

So far, we're up to 79 members. But hopefully we'll get more. Gotta popularize Late Roman History!

I just joined here and on Facebook-Late Antiquity. Can research questions be asked on the Facebook page?

I don't have a Facebook. I don't really like speaking to people online who might be half a world away at that particular moment. I find it creepy.

~I do like the idea of Roman history spreading though. I think it is good to put history places on sites like that where many do not know about such things.

I just joined here and on Facebook-Late Antiquity. Can research questions be asked on the Facebook page?

Sure, if there's a lot of people in that Facebook group.

Sure, if there's a lot of people in that Facebook group.

I think you said there are 79 people. Sounds like a village, but it's a start. There's bound to be some "elders" among them.

I want to know how keeping a journal was viewed in 450 CE, or if this was something even done, but maybe expressed differently. Would a Roman in this time express aspects of daily life in a "Codex" or just on papyrus or parchment?

Also, I've noticed that I'm a servi and a Tiro. Are these terms related to slavery? In Saylor's book ROMAN BLOOD, he has a slave who is Cicero's legal assistant named Tiro.

I think you said there are 79 people. Sounds like a village, but it's a start. There's bound to be some "elders" among them.

I want to know how keeping a journal was viewed in 450 CE, or if this was something even done, but maybe expressed differently. Would a Roman in this time express aspects of daily life in a "Codex" or just on papyrus or parchment?

Also, I've noticed that I'm a servi and a Tiro. Are these terms related to slavery? In Saylor's book ROMAN BLOOD, he has a slave who is Cicero's legal assistant named Tiro.

So far, we got 84 people. As for writing, I'm not sure.

Edited by kurtedwr