UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Forum Upgrade

We are in the middle of a forum upgrade - bringing the forum, blog, etc. up to the most recent version of the software - and have experienced a bit of technical difficulty in the process (particularly Monday night/Tuesday morning depending on your location). We believe we are past any more potential outages and should be completely finished very soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

We are in the middle of a forum upgrade - bringing the forum, blog, etc. up to the most recent version of the software - and have experienced a bit of technical difficulty in the process (particularly Monday night/Tuesday morning depending on your location). We believe we are past any more potential outages and should be completely finished very soon.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Having been met by the 'upgrade message during several log-in attempts over that period it's a relief to know that it is nothing more serious and that things are geting back to normal.

...yes we had to take the forum, blog and gallery offline but that was part of the upgrade, which is btw done, however due to the completely new look and feel system that the newest version has in its place, it will take a few more days till we have the newest forum version online and working, (which may result in a very very short downtime again), we are currently only updating the forum, blog and gallery has to wait till some denarii are floating in from somewhere...

cheers

viggen

• 2 months later...

After a bit of a delay, we are finally getting started on the meat of the work for upgrading our forum, blog and gallery software to the most current versions. While we hope there are no issues, it's possible that users will experience occasional glitches, lost posts, etc. The process will likely take two weeks.

Thanks for your patience!

I wish you luck for the upgrades :)

Thanks we need it, its a huge upgrade (code wise), thats why we had to outsource it as it is very complicated (and expensive), some of the offered new features (that we might or might not integrate) sound pretty interesting, for admins, moderators and of course also for the regular forum visitor. We also upgrading the Blog and the Gallery, now this is the biggest expense we ever made and it hope it turns out to be worth the while...

cheers

viggen

• 8 months later...

....it`t is one of those days again, we are in the middle of an upgrade and although it is supposedly a minor one, as usualy some issues crop up,

while the log in issue has been resolved yesterday, there is still the problem of

the Last active user not shown

view last post not displaying date but random numbers

the blog seem to have the wrong font

some special characters are not displaying correctly

please let us know if you encounter any other problems on top of that...

cheers

viggen

This is not too serious (at least not in my opinion) but I can't see if there are other users online at the bottom of the screen. Just thought I'd draw your attention to that in case you want to have it fixed.

Well I think the Last Post info has slightly improved in so far as it is now showing as a date unfortunately all posts within individual fora now seem to be showing the same date. :(

I have only looked at a couple of fora and the dates were different so possibly the date is whenever the last posting was made within each forum.

On my iPod Touch, the UNRV has lost color and the link to the latest posts.

Will do. I do have that app, but apparently I need to upgrade. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Salve,

I just noticed something which might be an error, though a very small and insignificant one

The post count on the left of the posts does not work anymore, I believe.

The counter does not increase after a post and is shows not the same amount of posts as the counter in "my profile", which seems to work.

As I said, only a very minor detail and maybe mentioned before.

Cheers,

Macerinus

Hmm, it seems this post was added correctly, maybe it is no error....:unsure:

Edited by Macerinus