UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Roadie

Rome Game

I think I will be different from the rest of you here...

May I please be Sextus Afranius Burrus, head of the Imperial Bodyguard?

~I think everyone wants to be governors because they have resources Rome needs, as well as the military might to oppose the Empire if need be. I myself thought of becoming governor, until I saw everyone else was one, and I like to be different.

~~Although I think we will be hard pressed to find everyone to fill all those positions, as I don't think the senate would be popular, as it did not do much and did not have a lot of power.

Edited by Centurion-Macro

I think I will be different from the rest of you here...

May I please be Sextus Afranius Burrus, head of the Imperial Bodyguard?

~I think everyone wants to be governors because they have resources Rome needs, as well as the military might to oppose the Empire if need be. I myself thought of becoming governor, until I saw everyone else was one, and I like to be different.

~~Although I think we will be hard pressed to find everyone to fill all those positions, as I don't think the senate would be popular, as it did not do much and did not have a lot of power.

Funnily enough, in the other game I have, the Senate was an extremely popular choice.

Funnily enough, in the other game I have, the Senate was an extremely popular choice.

Really? What 'other game' is this?

~So is the position mine?

The very same game, only on another forum ^^

We are in year 70 AD there now.

The position's yours.

The position's yours.

Other forum? I weas unaware there were any other Roman forums on the internet :unsure:

The position's yours.

Other forum? I weas unaware there were any other Roman forums on the internet :unsure:

It isn't a Roman forum. :D

Can I be Marcus Salvius Otho. At the beginning of the game he is in Rome with Nero right. What exactly can Otho do and what can Nero do, what are the rules and regulations if there are any.

Edited by the5500th

Can I be Marcus Salvius Otho. At the beginning of the game he is in Rome with Nero right. What exactly can Otho do and what can Nero do, what are the rules and regulations if there are any.

Otho has no political or military office, but a considerable fortune and a reputation for throwing parties. He could also conduct undercover assassinations, as could every other character.

Nero could appoint governors, move military forces around, veto senatorial legislation, propose laws himself, control the military part of the imperial budget... basically all the powers of the Roman Emperor.

You're taken Otho now.

Can we take on multiple characters, or is that forbidden?

Verboten ;)

By obvious reasons I must add.

Even if I have multiple personalities? and they hate each other? :P