UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Free Copy of the book Libertas by Alistair Forrest

Alistair Forrest first novel, Libertas, is now available as an e-book at just under five dollars..

...but for a limited time (offer ends Tuesday June 22) he is offering it for free to our members!!!

If you are interested visit Smashbooks (free registration at their site) click add to cart and then enter the code QZ87V (not case sensitive) at checkout for a free copy.

The download is then available in formats like, HTML, PDF, MOBI (for Kindle) and many more...

Libertas is based on the Battle of Munda (BCE45) when Julius Caesar crushed the sons of Pompey in southern Spain. This what author Douglas Jackson (Caligula and Claudius) had to say: "Alistair Forrest's Libertas is a fast-moving tale of fortitude, survival and eventual retribution told against the background of Rome's bloody civil war. Forrest vividly recreates the epic battle that gave Caesar the prize he sought so avidly."

...don`t forget to visit his blog, Who am I? Where am I? it has a Fun Quiz which currently features excerpts from Robert Harris's Imperium and Colleen McCullough's Antony and Cleopatra.

cheers

viggen

I was going to watch a certain soccer match tonight but this site is far more interesting! I'll be pleased to answer any questions here. To all those who just downloaded Libertas, happy reading! There are a few surprises...

Alistair Forrest

Alistair Forrest first novel, Libertas, is now available as an e-book at just under five dollars..

...but for a limited time (offer ends Tuesday June 22) he is offering it for free to our members!!!

If you are interested visit Smashbooks (free registration at their site) click add to cart and then enter the code QZ87V (not case sensitive) at checkout for a free copy.

The download is then available in formats like, HTML, PDF, MOBI (for Kindle) and many more...

Libertas is based on the Battle of Munda (BCE45) when Julius Caesar crushed the sons of Pompey in southern Spain. This what author Douglas Jackson (Caligula and Claudius) had to say: "Alistair Forrest's Libertas is a fast-moving tale of fortitude, survival and eventual retribution told against the background of Rome's bloody civil war. Forrest vividly recreates the epic battle that gave Caesar the prize he sought so avidly."

...don`t forget to visit his blog, Who am I? Where am I? it has a Fun Quiz which currently features excerpts from Robert Harris's Imperium and Colleen McCullough's Antony and Cleopatra.

cheers

viggen

I have just finished the first chapter, and I am so far enjoying it.

I like the character development in the story so far, and I like the main character. The storyline also looks good, and I hope to be seeing more of Dracus, for I like stories with old, grizzled war veterans. I was unsure about the chapter ending though, and I personally do not like the last line "But Baku wasn

I have just finished the first chapter, and I am so far enjoying it.

I like the character development in the story so far, and I like the main character. The storyline also looks good, and I hope to be seeing more of Dracus, for I like stories with old, grizzled war veterans. I was unsure about the chapter ending though, and I personally do not like the last line "But Baku wasn

~Now, looking at the fact they are in Hispania, I am hoping they will join Pompey and his men, as it will be interesting to see from a Pompeian's perspective the battle of Munda. Although from Caesar's side it would be good also, but I like to read about the less well known sides of the battles, and I believe Pompey's troops in the civil war are very underrepresented in stories these days.

Ave Gaius Valerius

Yes, this story looks at the Pompey brothers closely, as well as (later) Titus Labienus -- I've tried to portray what it's like to be on the losing side. But the story is much more than one battle. Hope you stay with me, there's some unusual stuff in there! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Alistair Forrest

Ave Gaius Valerius

Yes, this story looks at the Pompey brothers closely, as well as (later) Titus Labienus -- I've tried to portray what it's like to be on the losing side. But the story is much more than one battle. Hope you stay with me, there's some unusual stuff in there! Glad you're enjoying it so far.

Alistair Forrest

I shall read it with much vigor then, as I know little of the Pompey brothers in depth.