UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jimbow

Scutum And Tunic Colours

A butt-ugly amateur legionary (me) goes on fashion parade with the help of Photoshop, to help me visualise the often discussed topic. Inspired by the current RAT topic of scutum colour ;) and a distraction from global death tolls.

Military fashion parade

Jim.

By which one? The daffodil yellow, or the tea towel? ;) Looks a bit like an ancient Captain Scarlet lineup. "Centurio Coccinus". "Thiiissss iiiiiiss the voice of the Paaarthiaaaaaannnssss." :lol:

Nice pics but shame about the colours. I have always understood that the colour was derived from an earthy tone which would have been obtained from natural resources. Also you have to think that purple and blue was quite expensive to produce and used a lot of natural resources. So I would suggest a reddy brown colour which would hide all dirt blood and grime from the battles.

What re-enactment unit are you with Jimbow? Forgive me if you've mentioned it before....

I'm not with any, Primus. I've been working on a story and some images for a while, bought a Gallic H for reference, and suddenly found myself surrounded by the whole lot <_< In the end, the choice was golf or something else, and I really don't like golf :D

I like the military dress of the Republic as opposed to the latter empire. Especially around the time of the First and Second Punic Wars.