UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

De Bello Lemures, Or The Roman War Against the Zombies of Armorica

Book Review by Ursus

Damn those Zombies! Who among us, I ask, have not suffered at the hands of those miserable undead! Well, our Roman forebears knew how to deal with this scum: with fortitude and steel! You see, when I had first heard of De Bello Lemures, I scoffed. I rarely read fiction - why bother with tales of fancy when living history is so much more interesting? But fiction it ain't, my friends. While mistakenly dismissed as a cheeky, postmodern adventure tale, De Bello Lemures is instead a letter to the emperor Commodus by a ranking military general who observed the first historical rise of the zombie threat...

...read the full review of De Bello Lemures by Thomas Brookside

Excellent review, really fun to read. Thank you, Ursus!

Ursus - Terrific review...very well done.

Based on a recommendation within our own forums, I purchased this book and finished it up this morning. It's terrifically creative and well done. Brookside, author and translator of Castus' document, has done an amazing job of making the reading experience extremely genuine.

Based on a recommendation within our own forums, I purchased this book and finished it up this morning. It's terrifically creative and well done. Brookside, author and translator of Castus' document, has done an amazing job of making the reading experience extremely genuine.

I'd like to thank UNRV for their gracious review.

It looks like JGolomb was also kind enough to post a review at Amazon - thanks, sir! Those really help get the book in front of more Amazon customers. And I really appreciate the feedback as well.

It's not Roman-themed, but I have a new "historical horror" novel that just came out on July 1 that you might find interesting as well. The Last Days of Jericho is set in the Bronze Age and reimagines certain Old Testament episodes as an apocalyptic monster horror tale.

This is a great site, and I'm happy to have found out about it!

I'd like to thank UNRV for their gracious review.

It looks like JGolomb was also kind enough to post a review at Amazon - thanks, sir! Those really help get the book in front of more Amazon customers. And I really appreciate the feedback as well.

It's not Roman-themed, but I have a new "historical horror" novel that just came out on July 1 that you might find interesting as well. The Last Days of Jericho is set in the Bronze Age and reimagines certain Old Testament episodes as an apocalyptic monster horror tale.

This is a great site, and I'm happy to have found out about it!

Welcome to UNRV, Thomas Brookside! We have a number of author members here, so you'll find yourself in good company!

-- Nephele

Haha, great review Ursus, I've got to read this one.

• Map of the Roman Empire