UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Pick the Caption

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine took this photo recently around the Coliseum. While I lack any sense of creativity whatsoever, I thought maybe some of you could come up with an entertaining caption...post-3-1280258489_thumb.jpg

How do you spell plastic in Latin?

Alternatively:

OK we've got the cones but where's the ice cream?

1 - "Sir, I think the greek who sold you that messaging tablet was pulling your leg"

2 - d e a r g o v e r n e r , b r i a n n o t a t i c e c r e a m s t a l l

3 - "Edible codpieces? The emperor wants, the emperor gets..."

Centurion: "Divine Emperor, your party is ready. We have the ice cream cones over there, the comely young girls over there, and in the back are bikes for you to ride ahead of the parade."

Nero: "But where is the motion lotion? Damn you, man, I must have the motion lotion!!"

Centurion: "I'm on it. .... Valerius? Marcus here. Have the slaves bring in the vats of motion lotion. Sit them next to the gawking females over here."

A friend of mine took this photo recently around the Coliseum. While I lack any sense of creativity whatsoever, I thought maybe some of you could come up with an entertaining caption...post-3-1280258489_thumb.jpg

"Noli me vocare. Ego te vocabo."

I like GhostofClayton's "Don't call me, I'll call you" but I've also had the following suggested to me for inclusion so am passing them on:

I

Cassius with cellphone: "Better call that twerp Caligula and find out what the new watchword is today, and it better not be "Give us a kiss"."

I've beeen passed another suggestion :thumbsup:

Exactly how does this tell me if the greens or the blues won?

4 - "Oh for Hades sake! It's been two thousand years and Apple still haven't sorted out the bugs"

5 - "Bad news Cassius. We've lost three nil to the Germans."

6 - "It's from Augustus. Have you seen any eagles?"