UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Forum Upgrade Issues Help List

Please let us know any issues or questions you have with the new forum version, the sooner we hear them the sooner we can iron them out...

cheers and thanks

Please let us know any issues or questions you have with the new forum version, the sooner we hear them the sooner we can iron them out...

cheers and thanks

Well here are a few that I have noticed:

The last post information on the top level seems to quote a reference number rather than the date and time of the posting which is somewhat confusing.

Because of the above I may be wrong but we seem to have lost most if not all of the last few days postings.

[Edit - we actually seem to have lost all postings made on the old forum after 11 August]

I was working on creating a new gallery but cannot currently actually 'see' the images although they seem to have been listed and I can still read the text I had put in for each.

[EDIT] - I would also agree with the point made by GhostofClayton that as far as the members home pages are concerned the changes do not appear to have been for the better. The layout is confusing, with some of the information including who has recently visited now buried at the bottom of a couple of 'page downs'.

As you can probably see from this post there are also some unexpected issue with how messages are displayed - particularly if you include 'quotes' such as the one I included from Viggens' original post on this threaad.

In addition when I looked at the 'gallery' option there was no obvious system to the selection of images which were shown from my active galleries. Only six images were shown from one gallery but they did not appear to have been automatically aligned in any way).

I have no permission to view the blogs.

The 'view new posts' button seems to have gone.

Also, some of the comments in the profile have a dark grey background making them hard to read.

Edited by Maladict

I seem to have lost the 'My Assistant' function (which I used to use quite a lot). And also, I can't see any of yesterday's posts.

I have no permission to view the blogs.

The 'view new posts' button seems to have gone.

I too am have no permission to view the blogs??

But the "view new posts" option is now located at the bottom of the main forum page under the new title of "Today's Active Content" but I must admit it took me a while to find it.

Also I've been back on the forum for a few days now and all the recent posts since I've been back have disappeared.

But apart from those few little niggles, on the whole I think its looking pretty good.!

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

Chalk up another one here who can't get into the blogs...not even my own!

Another element that I do miss dreadfully: on the home page of the forum there used to be 'view all unread posts' (or something along those lines), and I don't see that anymore. That helped a ton in catching up, particularly after a few days of not being on here.

On the positive side, I do like the new Fast Reply box...much improved over the last one. But we're missing many of our cool UNRV smilies!

Another element that I do miss dreadfully: on the home page of the forum there used to be 'view all unread posts'

That's the one I meant. It's the only button I ever use really, don't have a clue how I should navigate the fora now.

Looks like you actually need to go into the folders to see new posts? (unless you check in every day and use 'today's active topics').

OK, I might be being a bit dumb here ...

Just looked on my viewing profile under blog (which I never use!) and saw a caption called 'Reputation'. Has this always been there or is it new? Not only that, what is it? :huh:

I don't see "See most recent posts." I have a Macintosh computer running OS 10.5.8. The browser I'm using is Firefox 3.6.8.

The site looks great on my iPod Touch. Even better with the app called I.P.Board. This is esp. important for iPhone users.

Well,

* The first thread I made a week or so ago kind of vanished....!?!

* The last post link for each thread has a bolded pid number instead of, for example, a date... not sure if that's normal.

Edited by agamemnus

I just plain don't like the look. It's not visually appealing to me.

(edit: and apparently my Britney Spears gladiator avatar has been lost)

Edited by Ursus

"today's active content" button does the same thing what "view new post" did? I used that function every time I visited the site to catch up on new threads and posts. I realize that it is the same the thing poster above said but this was the first thing that struck me after the change.

(edit: and it looks like my satyr avatar taken from the avatar library has run away with Britney)

Edited by Kosmo

The posts look all jumbled to me, with the profile pictures and all that not being in the right places. It makes the site less appealing.

Also, I too am annoyed with the 'numbers' instead of the dates on new posts. I have also lost my avatar.

Edited by Centurion-Macro

I miss the "View New Posts" button, too. Where's this other button to be found? I can't find anything here at the moment.

I miss the "View New Posts" button, too. Where's this other button to be found? I can't find anything here at the moment.

For anyone who hasn't found it so far; if you go to the top level of the 'forums' screen then page down to the very bottom there should be a row of four buttons:

Today's active content

The moderating team

Today's top 20 posters

Overall top posters

Just before the 'Todays Birthday's' announcements.

'Todays' Active Content' is probably the equivalent of the 'View New Posts' button.