UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Forum Upgrade Issues Help List

One can choose to use "watch this forum" button for areas of interest and get daily or weekly rapports with all new posts. Basically then he will be able to access the forum content from his own mail and will need to visit the forum only if he wants to post something. This is a nice feature but it may result in a reduction of traffic for the site.

The only thing still bothering me is how the posts look when you read them. They are totally unorganized and all over the place.

hmm, that is not a very precise hint, not sure what you mean with unorganized and all over the place, i dont see that at all when i read a post, could you please clarify what you mean, thanks...

Another element that I do miss dreadfully: on the home page of the forum there used to be 'view all unread posts'

That's the one I meant. It's the only button I ever use really, don't have a clue how I should navigate the fora now.

Looks like you actually need to go into the folders to see new posts? (unless you check in every day and use 'today's active topics').

At the bottom is Todays Active Content

click on it and then you see the Active Content of the last 24 hours, when you are there go to the bottom there you can change in a drop down box from 24 hours to week, 2 weeks up to a year, hope that helps...

cheers

viggen

..inside topics date and time should now working as intended too..

cheers and thanks for feedback..

viggen

click on it and then you see the Active Content of the last 24 hours, when you are there go to the bottom there you can change in a drop down box from 24 hours to week, 2 weeks up to a year, hope that helps...

cheers

viggen

This does help, quite a bit. Thanks!

Another element that I do miss dreadfully: on the home page of the forum there used to be 'view all unread posts'

That's the one I meant. It's the only button I ever use really, don't have a clue how I should navigate the fora now.

Looks like you actually need to go into the folders to see new posts? (unless you check in every day and use 'today's active topics').

cheers

viggen

I can do this... even though it takes a few clicks here and there.........lol

I have just realised that our personal information when we make posts no longer carries our location. Was this a deliberate change or is it something else which has been lost in the transfer?

EDIT - I worry slightly that the personal information box on posts seems to move further and further to the right apparently depending on the length of an individuals name. Unless there is a wrap-around option which kicks if names get too long or a 'character' limit on the length of individuals names (or at least if the limit is quite long) this could potentially lead to the actual box on the right hand side in which the post appears becoming very narrow.

There is also a 'relatively' minor issue when viewing the 'Active Content' list that when running my pointer over the lsit of names they seem to move up and down on the page slightly, there also seems to be a link icon which my browser cannot pick up correctly. :unsure:

Guest primuspilusmakingafakename

Just testing an issue that Melvadius posted elsewhere. Maximum account name character count is 26... checking to see what effect a long name has on the profile box vs. the post/content boxes.

Just testing an issue that Melvadius posted elsewhere. Maximum account name character count is 26... checking to see what effect a long name has on the profile box vs. the post/content boxes.

Checking for quote/profile name scroll....

Checking for quote/profile name scroll....

And again

cheers

viggen

It does, thanks.

IMO, there is a very significant amount of clutter of both features and extra text/images with regards to the thread design; for instance, I find the feature of upvoting and downvoting of posts adversarial at best and a forum destroyer at worst. But first, please take a look at this screenshot of my message area. (I am using the latest public Firefox version)

http://img838.imageshack.us/i/sadcat.jpg/

Edited by agamemnus