UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Looking for book reviewer

mott groom

I am looking for someone interested in reviewing my new book, just self published on Blurb. A Walk with the Emperors , An Historical Tour of Ancient Rome Chronicled by Participants and Observers.

The book covers the period from Augustus to Constantine in three walking or armchair tours arranged in chronological order. Sights, Emperors and events are described whenever possible by quotes from ancient authors such as Virgil, Horace, Pliny, Ovid, Cicero, Tacitus, Suetonius, Josephus, Eusebius, Dio Cassius and many others or more contemporary writers, such as Gibbon, Dante, or Shakespeare looking back.

The book of 198 pages, contains Google maps, many color photographs, the quotations, and timelines for each tour.

I am traveling to Rome a week from today to spend a month marketing my book in local bookstores and at the Universities. I would be happy to mail a copy of the book to a prospective reviewer.

I am also, of course, interested in finding a publisher, who would publish and sell this book at a cheaper price.

thank you for your attention and interest. Thr blurb link, where you can page through the entire book follows:

http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/1541483?ce=blurb_ew&utm_source=widget

Mott Groom

mllgroom1@yahoo.com

My apologies to the readers. After reading other postings about book reviews, i realize how the review process works. I am amending my initial posting and would be happy to give a copy of my book to anybody willing to take the time to review it.

Edited by mott groom

As a matter of interest, have you found a reviewer yet?

cheers

viggen

Viggen

No, unfortunately no volunteers yet. I did succeed in putting a pdf version on my i pad (through itunes) , and its terrific.

leaving for Rome Sunday and will trot around to the bookstores (hiring GB Bernardini publisher of Italian Notebook newsletter) and john cabot to see if i can get some interest. Would like to get somebody like john cabot to send to in-coming students with a pdf version to use on an e reader. blurb price is so high ($44) that it needs something to add some value. But I do think its an approach to Rome that people who are serious about Rome, its history, its literature and its personalities will enjoy. History for the tourist, not the scholar.(I learned my Roman History writing this over the past several years while retired resident of Rome)

I'd be happy to send you a cd rom with pdf, but am taking my 9 copies with me to Rome. However, if you were willing to review, I'd be delighted to send you a book by post tomorrow.

thanks for your interest

Mott

I could fancy doing another review, if you still need help, but not until after October 16th (as I am working in Athens, writing two articles which are prioritised). You should know however, that English isn't my first language.

I could fancy doing another review, if you still need help, but not until after October 16th (as I am working in Athens, writing two articles which are prioritised). You should know however, that English isn't my first language.

Klingan

I still need help and would be delighted to have you review my book. Can you provide details on how to get a copy to you. I also have it in pdf format and it reads beautifully on an ipad (uploaded through i tunes). i am headed for Rome tomorrow, can i mail you a book from there? Since this is a publish on demand, I fully expect that while in Rome I will make some changes (and perhaps find some typos) and re publish, but I am happy to send you the current Blurb edition.

mott groom

i am new to this site (and forums, the internet kind) can you direct me to some of the other reviews you have written.thanks

Klingan has reviewed Mary Beards Roman Triumph

cheers

viggen

Viggen

thanks, good review. Quick, to the point, who should and shouldn't read. I like that, few words summarizing many thoughts.

On my way today. will be in campo de fiore market tomorrow and thinking about the sequel as I wander back through the Teatro Pompey.

Thanks for your help.

mott