UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Digital Atlas of roman and Medieval Civilizations

Artimi

Digital interactive map

Not sure if this site has been posted before.

I spent a few moments getting totally confused by it but I think for someone more computer literate, it is a great resource.

That looks like quite a good site. Cheers. As you say, though, it will take some getting used to ... :blink:

Useful - I was looking for something that would allow me to look at the towns where Sertorius campaigned in Spain in 75 Bc - so a very serendipitous posting!

• 3 weeks later...
Useful - I was looking for something that would allow me to look at the towns where Sertorius campaigned in Spain in 75 Bc - so a very serendipitous posting!

Are you writing about Sertorius?

Yup - I'm doing his battles for in 2000 words for a joint project on ancient battles. I may expand this into a book if I can find an interested publisher.

Going back to maps - I've found that loading some of the really large scale maps of the ancient world onto an iPad gives at least one practical use for the thing. With Google earth on the computer screen and the map on the iPad, I can easily resize and scroll my way across the landscape. Nearest thing to fighting the campaign myself!