UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ursus

warning

i dont see this, does anyone else get it?

cheers

viggen

Neither do I. Could it be because we do have Adobe Flash 11?

i dont see this, does anyone else get it?

cheers

viggen

Neither do I. Could it be because we do have Adobe Flash 11?

I got it as well...

After a massive update on my home computer, I no longer see the warning

My work computer still displays it, however. Among other things it uses an earlier version of IE. I guess I'll avoid this place at work.

...if it is not IE6 related then it must be maybe your operating system, which seems to be not up to date, or you have a virus , because i have tested it on my desktop computer that runs windows xp with firefox, IE8 and opera and never seen it, i also tested it with my laptop and windows vista with IE8, firefox and opera and also never seen it..., it clearly must be something on your system i fear that causes this message...

cheers

viggen

Just a quick reference to this issue... as a techie I have seen this a few times and experienced it myself. It may be one of a couple things... depending upon individual systems. It can be your browser security settings that are not set properly whether IE (any version) or Firefox.

More often it is an issue with the 'installer'. Check the bar at the top of your browser and ensure it asks you to INSTALL the add-on and not just run it. The latter will require the same response every time you visit a different site or restart your browser or PC/laptop. If you can go direct to Adobe sites and download and install the code directly then do so. For some reason you may also be asked to allow an Active-X control to be run on your systems not once but twice during the same install.

It affects several browsers so don't feel left out if you use just one! Remember too that you should install this add-on for EACH browser you use and not just hope that installing it to IE, for example, will get it to work in, say, Opera!