UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest spartacus

One Hour In Rome!

Guest spartacus

I would have liked to have seen the Flavian Ampitheatre when it was completed, but I dont like what it was used for!

I would like to have seen the look on Cato the Censor's face (and the rest of the senate's for that matter) when Tiberius Gracchus (grandfather of the famous one of the same name) tore up the charge sheets against Scipio Africanus and threw them on the senate floor. Roots of future dissension perhaps?

The seige of Alesia......the hundreds of thousands of Celtic Gauls charging acorss the fields at the Roman fortress surrounding Alesia....now that would be awsome!]

Zeke

One hour !

Well that rules out a bus tour...

Since it's really not going to happen...that's right isn't it ?

I will not ponder this for more than a few weeks...but off the top of my head and also, just having read about B.H. Liddell Hart's enthusiastic account of Scipio Africanus, and having the added advantage of our fine post starter's answer, I would agree with him, Battle of Zama

Well yeah....but just to see the charge and not get hurt myself would be amazing!

Zeke

My hour in Rome: spent on a stroll through the forum chatting with Augustus on May 13, 10 AD, at about 4:00PM.

[Thank you P. Clodius. Under the circumstances the conversation would have been a little strained if Agrippa had been there.]