UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Senate Speech

Guest spartacus

Guest spartacus

For Skels sake and for clarity reasons the idea of the post was that YOU were to choose the time, place and reasons for your speech!!

If you were given a chance to speak about anything at anytime in the senate, then what would you say?

There, I cant be any clearer than that! <_<

Guest spartacus

For my speech I would object to the building of the Colisseum, simply because of the killings/murders that took place there!

I would advise the money for it would be of better use if it was put towards improving conditions for the poorer citizens!

That said, I would probably end up lion meat!! <_<

Guest spartacus

Good answer Augustus!

pompeius magnus speech would have been interesting!

Hopefully we will get some more posts on this subject, so far some potentially good speeches!

I would speak to them during 306 BCE and warn them to negotiate freedom of action on Sicily with their Carthaginian allies, since Italy is naturally invaded through Messana and its environs.

Also I would urge them to take decisive against the greek colonies in the south. Bring them into the league by hard negotiation or military force before they can call once again to their greek homeland for military aid.