UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello Ben, and welcome at Unrv.com, glad you found us! :)

cheers

viggen

Hey Ben Welcome to UNRV

I absolutely loved The Forgotten Legion Chronicles. Definately one of the best series of Roman novels I've read in a long time.

It's good to have you around the site.

Edited by Gaius Paulinus Maximus

My screen name is a reasonably close translation of my name.

In real life I am a lawyer and a retired soldier. I claim no special expertise in things Roman except to say that I was there as a young man. If I recall correctly it cost 10 lira to get into the Foro Romano. The Coliseum was free. Yes, that long ago.

It has been a treat for me to be able to compare court procedure then to current court rules of evidence and procedure. And if anyone can give me a reasonably close Latin word for lawyer or attorney, I'd appreciate it.

I'm a moderator at a space oriented message board and this occupies a lot of my time. I'm married, 4 kidsand very close to retirement. I hope to get to know you all soon.

In real life I am a lawyer and a retired soldier.

You and Virgil 61 should get along, I believe he has the same two backgrounds. Welcome.

Hi! I'd like to say it is wonderful to be part of this brilliant website. I claim no special expertise in any fields. However, I do have a specific interest in Roman Military History and Punic History.

Welcome Quintus Sertorius and don't worry expertise is not an essential qualification for membership here. We all probably have something new we can learn or simply discuss further at times. ;)

hello guys i am happy to be here i am a new member hello everyone

Welcome on board Lyedecker.

For the moderation team let me also welcome you to the board.

FYI, If you are uncertain where to find anything or else what messages can be posted where you will find that forum guidelines tend to be 'pinned' at the top levels of some of the upper level fora. :romansoldier:

Hello, all! I was guided here by Russell Whitfield, who assures me this enclave knows everything there is to know about the ancient world :) Very glad to be here.

I'm a 44 year old married author of three books: Men of Bronze, Memnon, and The Lion of Cairo. I'm researching and writing my fourth and fifth (the former is a tale of Artemisium; the latter a fantasy involving Orcs). I like ancient Greek history, gaming, and long walks on the beach . . . :)

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Oden

www.menofbronze.com

Hello, all! I was guided here by Russell Whitfield, who assures me this enclave knows everything there is to know about the ancient world :) Very glad to be here.

I'm a 44 year old married author of three books: Men of Bronze, Memnon, and The Lion of Cairo. I'm researching and writing my fourth and fifth (the former is a tale of Artemisium; the latter a fantasy involving Orcs). I like ancient Greek history, gaming, and long walks on the beach . . . :)

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Oden

www.menofbronze.com

Welcome on board Scott,

I've read Memnon, a very enjoyable book. Obviously I prefer Roman novels but anything ancient is good by me! ;)

Hi Scott, I shall order your books from Amazon as soon as my next payday arrives!

Thanks!

Scott

Scott Oden

www.menofbronze.com

Welcome Scott! I remember reading Men of Bronze a few years ago, and finding it a pleasant book - though I was never as interested in Egypt than the ancient Romans and Celts.

It is so weird to see an author of a book I have read posting on the same site as me, I guess they always seem so far away :P

Anyway, welcome to the site, and I am glad to meet you.

Edited by Centurion-Macro