UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Thank you, Gaius, Neil, and Macro, for the warm welcome! I've been lurking about the forums, getting a feel for the place, for the past couple of days. It is impressive! VERY glad to be here!

Neil, I do hope you enjoy the books when you read them! I'd urge you to start with Memnon; it's my personal favorite, followed closely by The Lion of Cairo. I love Men of Bronze as my first-born, but it very much reads like a first book, warts and all.

Macro, it is surreal, interacting with authors I know and love. My penultimate moment was getting a signed copy of The War of Art from Pressfield, and his note to me in the envelope made mention of Memnon . . . I was pinching myself for a week :)

Best,

Scott

Thank you, Gaius, Neil, and Macro, for the warm welcome! I've been lurking about the forums, getting a feel for the place, for the past couple of days. It is impressive! VERY glad to be here!

Neil, I do hope you enjoy the books when you read them! I'd urge you to start with Memnon; it's my personal favorite, followed closely by The Lion of Cairo. I love Men of Bronze as my first-born, but it very much reads like a first book, warts and all.

Macro, it is surreal, interacting with authors I know and love. My penultimate moment was getting a signed copy of The War of Art from Pressfield, and his note to me in the envelope made mention of Memnon . . . I was pinching myself for a week :)

Best,

Scott

Scott:

I wanted to say hello. You know me from the Ancient History Forum as Garic (my male alter ego and the hero of my novel<g>). We're also friends on Facebook. I love this forum. I'm sure you will too. Cinzia is Cynthia in Italian and my nickname. Welcome. :)

You know me from the Ancient History Forum as Garic (my male alter ego and the hero of my novel<g>).

I didn't realise you had a novel, Cinzia. Was that me just being slow on the uptake, or have you been modest?

You know me from the Ancient History Forum as Garic (my male alter ego and the hero of my novel<g>).

I didn't realise you had a novel, Cinzia. Was that me just being slow on the uptake, or have you been modest?

You're hardly slow, Clayton.<g> I do have an unpublished novel in it's final revision. It's a 5th century epic tale, but a bit too epic (175,000 words) for most agents, so, I went back in and changed it from multiple pov (which I happen to love for purposes of sub-plot and characterization, but the word is that readers don't like long books-hmm. I guess George R.R. Martin and more than a few others didn't get that memo) to 3rd person limited pov.

I have 2 chapters left and I'm at 145K. I was hoping to get it to 145K, but we'll see. I have the battle at Catalaunum, the climax and resolution to get through. <sigh> Anyway, this forum has helped a woman who has never wielded a sword and never fought a battle (other than a cat fight in high school-meow-<g>) with details, ideas, great opinions and knowledge. And when this book makes it to print, I promise, you all will know. :)

Cinzia

I would just like to say hi and this site is great, you have some good discussions going on here.

My name is George, I am from Scotland and I am currently studying to gain a BA(hons)in Archaeology.

Keep up the good work.

Likewise welcome Reuda and if you don't mind where are you currently studying?

Likewise welcome Reuda and if you don't mind where are you currently studying?

I am on Orkney studying under the university of the highlands and islands

Although a 'young' university it looks like you have some interesting modules to choose from on your course and obviously an interesting environment on your doorstep for practical study. enjoy B)

Guest North West Frontier

I work for Hadrian's Wall Heritage, the body that coordinates the management of the World Heritage Site, enhances what there is to see and do and then promotes it as a destination. The idea being that the more people who come to visit it, the more people will learn about history and be inspired by the range of stories along the Roman Wall.

At present we are trying to bridge a funding gap via numerous methods including corporate sponsorship and individual philanthropy.

We can genuinely offer somebody the chance to help secure the future of the World Heritage Site through support for our projects, aims and vision.

If you know anybody keen to add Hadrian's Wall to their collection, then I'd love to talk with them about how they can help.

01434 609 700

Thanks

Tom

Welcome, North West Frontier. I'm sure you'll be a valuable addition to the site.

I have just joined this web site, and forum, and I am amazed and delighted by what I have seen, (well, heard) so far! I am having some issues between my adaptive screen reading software and your site and forum, but I shall prevail, I always do. but, I am not, apparently allowed to do simple things, like edit my profile, so info about me will be ...scarce, at best. Still, I've tasted a couple of topics, and been absolutely fascinated! What a find! I'm delighted to be here, and hope to hang out here for a long time. Vale quam optime! C. Maria Caeca

Welcome aboard Maria (if i may be so bold as to call you that). Rest assured you'll be able to do those 'simple things' after just a few contributions. We do have a thread where you could tell us a bit more about yourself, if you'd like to.