UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Let me add my welcomes to GOC's Maria and for the convenience of everyone your post and GOC's have now been merged with the general welcome thread.

Salvete,

I am a classics/art history student with the Open University, just finished my classics courses (A219, A330) and embarking on the renaissance art side of things. I have been interested in anything Roman since my parents took me to York and Chester as a child (this was in the 70s, before York went Viking-crazy). I am a former resident of Nova Roma and I still use the name I had there but I left a while ago. Apart from all that I collect cheap roman bronze coins, paint lead roman soldiers and enjoy reading about the history of Rome (especially the late republic/early empire).

Hope to speak to you all in due course.

Q.Claudius Crispus

Welcome Q. Cladius Crispus 'Exploring the classical world' and 'Myth in the Greek and Roman Worlds' sound like useful introductions to some aspects of the period.

I am a former resident of Nova Roma and I still use the name I had there but I left a while ago.

I was briefly a member years and years ago. Got tired very quickly of all the "micronation" stuff and left.

I think you'll like us a lot better. We're just a friendly circle of acquaintances discussing all aspects of Roman history. smile.gif

Hi guys,

I am beginning to get into the fascinating Roman Brittania era of history, in addition to my long admired eras of 1066 and the build up, etc, plus the medieval era of England.

I look forward to surfing the topics here.

Here Wordus Welcome & have fun.

Hi to everybody,

I'm Safiria Caesar, a name I also use on AW, a community of which I'm still a member.

I'm not a pro in Ancient history, but I've studying the late Republic in general, and Julius Caesar in particular, for some years now.

I'm also always reading new books being published on Caesar and I'm interested in constructive discussions about his life and his life-time, spanning from the II century BC to I century AD,

Hope to become an "interesting" member of UNRV and find new friends here,

Salve atque vale

Welcome on board, SC. Plenty of Ceasar stuff goes down here, and I'm sure we'll be able to widen your interest significantly.

I almost daren't say this for many reasons, but shouldn't it be "Salvete atque valete"?

There should be less pedant's in the world!

Edited by GhostOfClayton

Thanks for your welcome, GhostofClayton,

you're right it should have been "salvete atque valete" as the post was for a community of people, but I simply wanted to be a bit less formal and salute everybody singularly, that's why I used the singular form.

;)

Welcome on board, SC. Plenty of Ceasar stuff goes down here, and I'm sure we'll be able to widen your interest significantly.

I almost daren't say this for many reasons, but shouldn't it be "Salvete atque valete"?

There should be less pedant's in the world!

I suppose a little introduction is required when invading a potentially hostile site. From my chosen name you will gather that I'm not all that fond of what those damn Romans did in Scotland. Nonetheless it's fascinating (apart from the lies put about by Tacitus......)

Ave Romanum, f

Salvete!

I am Drusilla87 and I'm a long time fan of Ancient Rome. I enjoy learning more about it although I have no formal qualifications, it's a source of enjoyment for me. I hope to be involved in the community. Other things I like are play-by-post rping, horses, corsets and spending time with my family/friends.

Hope to see you guys around.

And I apologise for this rather lame intro. :P

Calgach,

Thank you for the invitation to your 'free lands]'and you are equally welcome to ours here.

Drusilla87,

Do not worry about your introduction being tame I'm sure that you will find an eqyally warm welcome here.

So many new members since my last post!! Good stuff!

So here goes............... A very warm welcome to Maria, Q Claudius Crispus, Here Wordus, Safiria Caesar, Calgach and Drusilla87.

Welcome aboard everyone, hope you enjoy your time at UNRV :thumbsup:

So many new members since my last post!! Good stuff!

So here goes............... A very warm welcome to Maria, Q Claudius Crispus, Here Wordus, Safiria Caesar, Calgach and Drusilla87.

Welcome aboard everyone, hope you enjoy your time at UNRV :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome! :D