UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome to the site Misthoforos.

If you are any good at using a sling then you are way ahead of my feeble attempts of a few years back.

Hi everyone

I think my obsession with all things Roman started with the Asterix comic books when I was young. My favourite period is currently the Roman Republic and early Empire but I also love everything about the city of ancient Rome itself. I have just finished reading "A Day in the Life of Ancient Rome" by Alberto Angela and found it fascinating that a lot of daily life has not changed much in 2000 years.

Looking forward to interacting with you all.

Welcome Falacer!

Hi All, came across this site and thought I would like to become a member. Have had an interest in Rome for a long time, only recently came across the BBC 'I, Claudius' which has reinvigorated my childhood interest. Been reading many books and watching many documentaries to get up to speed. Looking forward to contributing to the discussions.

Welcome to the Fora Euro! Looking forward to seeing your posts around here :)

I was the former user SassinidAzatan/ParatrooperLirelou/CounterSwarmernd I recently cretedthis account for my own reason one wih involves the death and rebirth of the "Scorpio".

I'm no longer as interested in History in general as I uedto be but I grown to like several members of this site so much I'll keep comin back!

Also I'm getting into old hobbies I absolutely lost interest n just to see if there's a chance of reinvigorating a spark including Boxing and Military History.

My latest obssession and perhaps one most favorite hobby of all time is Astroloy!No other hobby ofmin before-incuding history-hs gt meas obsessed and gave me o much fun as Astrology!Expect me to be posting many topics on Astrology in the off-topic sections as well as discuss Roman Astrology in the main section!

I was the former user SassinidAzatan/ParatrooperLirelou/CounterSwarmernd I recently cretedthis account for my own reason one wih involves the death and rebirth of the "Scorpio".

I'm no longer as interested in History in general as I uedto be but I grown to like several members of this site so much I'll keep comin back!

Also I'm getting into old hobbies I absolutely lost interest n just to see if there's a chance of reinvigorating a spark including Boxing and Military History.

My latest obssession and perhaps one most favorite hobby of all time is Astroloy!No other hobby ofmin before-incuding history-hs gt meas obsessed and gave me o much fun as Astrology!Expect me to be posting many topics on Astrology in the off-topic sections as well as discuss Roman Astrology in the main section!

Welcome (again<g>) I think it would be very interesting to see some posts on Roman Astrology. It's a very interesting topic and perhaps misunderstood. I was just talking to someone the other evening about how it was announced that the Zodiac calendar is wrong or changed. We weren't too clear and decided we liked the tried and true one. I much rather stay a Leo than discover I'm really a Cancer (no offense to all the Cancers). It's like believing your ethnicity is Italian your entire life and then discovering your ethnicity is something quite opposite like Scandinavian or Latvian. Some adjustment in perspective would be required, at least for me. <g>

Cinzia

Welcome (again<g>) I think it would be very interesting to see some posts on Roman Astrology. It's a very interesting topic and perhaps misunderstood. I was just talking to someone the other evening about how it was announced that the Zodiac calendar is wrong or changed. We weren't too clear and decided we liked the tried and true one. I much rather stay a Leo than discover I'm really a Cancer (no offense to all the Cancers). It's like believing your ethnicity is Italian your entire life and then discovering your ethnicity is something quite opposite like Scandinavian or Latvian. Some adjustment in perspective would be required, at least for me. <g>

Cinzia

No need to worry about the claims the Zodiac Calendar is wrong. Its a complex issue but lets just say they are only looking at the positions of the sky-in when they say there is a "13th" sign. In actuality its not the positions in the sky and the Sun passing through them, but the Equinox that matters and it remains in the same 12 signs-thats why most Astrologers didn't change the Zodiac Signs to include Ophiuchus .Its complex (especially the Equinox position thing) but these articles should clear up come things.

http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/horoscope-headlines/ophiuchus-the-13th-zodiac-sign

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_ophiuchus_e.htm

No need to worry, you're still a Leo.

Oh BTW whats the other aspects of your basic chart (gonna start a thread on this soon >W<!)?

My basic chart?

I'm a Pisces with a Moon in Leo and Scorpio Rising :D.

EDIT

Another article to clear up the misconception of changed Sign dates and the "new" Zodiac Sign "Ophiuchus".

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

Also on the claim the birthdate changes because the position of constellations in the skies has changed recently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html

Read this and the other article above.It should clear up this misconception thats been spreading very lately since 2010.

Edited by Pisces Adonis

Cinzia

No need to worry about the claims the Zodiac Calendar is wrong. Its a complex issue but lets just say they are only looking at the positions of the sky-in when they say there is a "13th" sign. In actuality its not the positions in the sky and the Sun passing through them, but the Equinox that matters and it remains in the same 12 signs-thats why most Astrologers didn't change the Zodiac Signs to include Ophiuchus .Its complex (especially the Equinox position thing) but these articles should clear up come things.

http://www.dailyhoroscope.com/horoscope-headlines/ophiuchus-the-13th-zodiac-sign

http://www.astro.com/astrology/in_ophiuchus_e.htm

No need to worry, you're still a Leo.

Oh BTW whats the other aspects of your basic chart (gonna start a thread on this soon >W<!)?

My basic chart?

I'm a Pisces with a Moon in Leo and Scorpio Rising :D.

EDIT

Another article to clear up the misconception of changed Sign dates and the "new" Zodiac Sign "Ophiuchus".

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

Also on the claim the birthdate changes because the position of constellations in the skies has changed recently.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/blog-post/2011/01/new_zodiac_sign_dates_dont_swi.html

Read this and the other article above.It should clear up this misconception thats been spreading very lately since 2010.

Good links. I look forward to your posts.

Hello out there.

I am Arron, mainly Interested in the later Byzantine Era, but after seeing this forum and of course the fact all of Romes history is connected to Byzantium, I thought I'd join.

Welcome to UNRV syapa & ByzantineNut and regarding your question all roads here may lead to Rome but several of our members are equally happy to discuss Byzantium.

Welcome to UNRV syapa & ByzantineNut and regarding your question all roads here may lead to Rome but several of our members are equally happy to discuss Byzantium.

True, but to truly understand Byzantium, I've come to the conclusion its best to know about ancient rome, the Roman Empire etc.

I'm rather lost on this site, so I decided to join the forum. I just placed an order for the wall map that I found - however nothing asked me for my shipping information, and I could not find anything on when it would be shipped or when I can expect it. I live in Canada, and I really want this before Christmas... if someone could get back to me that would be wonderful. I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum but the contact us portion of the site is rather unorganized and I couldn't find a phone number or email listed.

Thanks for any help!

I'm rather lost on this site, so I decided to join the forum. I just placed an order for the wall map that I found - however nothing asked me for my shipping information, and I could not find anything on when it would be shipped or when I can expect it. I live in Canada, and I really want this before Christmas... if someone could get back to me that would be wonderful. I apologize for posting this in the wrong forum but the contact us portion of the site is rather unorganized and I couldn't find a phone number or email listed.

Thanks for any help!

I must refer you to our admin for this question and he can be difficult to reach lately - but he will answer as soon as he can.

Just PM Viggen on these boards.

And welcome by the way! I've already got the map and it is a great resource! You'll love it :)