UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hi trajan,i live in N.E England too ;):P

I prefer a nice malt whiskey :D

L

Hello everyone,

I was doing some research on Sulla and stumbled across this interesting site. I'm deeply fascinated by all things Greco-Roman and after reading several of the threads on here I decided to join. From what I've seen so far its a great site and I look forward to discussing the greatness of Rome with you all! :D

I suppose it's time for me to do this. I came across this site while actually researching Byzantine History. Actually, more reading for pleasure rather than research. I love Military History. Rome and Medieval History interest me the most. I have no degrees in any of this stuff and am an expert by no means. I read history as often as I can. I'm not a book a day or even a book a month kind of guy. But I get in about 5 decent novel sized books a year. I decided to join the discussion boards mostly to learn. I doubt I'll impart any knowledge not already known to most of you. But I'll contribute what I can.

Hi! I found this site while researching Roman history for a novel I'm trying to write, about a Roman soldier in Britain at the time of the Boudiccan Revolt. It's been invaluable for answering questions about Roman Britain at the time, and I hope I don't annoy everyone by asking reams of questions... :huh:

I was doing some research on Sulla and stumbled across this interesting site.

I was doing the same as ...except for Marius...pretty closely connected though wouldn't you think.

But apart from info on Marius I found something better, others who are interested in Roman Histroy just as much as I am...or even more. Admittedly there probably isn't something that I can tell you that you don't already know but hell I'm here for the fun of it. Particularly interested in military history so you'll probably find me in there mostly. Talk to ya later,

Valentinian

P.S - I like vodka too!!!!!

:D

Guest Tempest

I am glad to be apart of this network. Id like to hope that it will be a place of free discussion.

Hello,

Im new here and hope to have found a great history forum.

I'm not crazy after all. It's actually ok that I'm utterly fascinated by the Roman Republic and Empire. I'm not nuts!

Well... it does stand to reason that perhaps I am crazy, and I've simply run across a collection of people with similar dementia :P

In either case, it's nice to find a community dedicated solely to Roman history. I shall be spending a great deal of time here, yes indeed.

Welcome to all recent arrivals.... and FaexPopuli, I can't vouch for you sanity, but I can assure you there are plenty of Romanophiles here :)

I'm not crazy after all. It's actually ok that I'm utterly fascinated by the Roman Republic and Empire. I'm not nuts!

Are you kiddin? You got to be crazy if you DON'T love the Romans!!

yes this is a nice site, i made the history review for my latin team using this site, thanks! we won regional, got creamed in state, but had a blast

Hello, the name's Tobias.

I'm not too much of a scholar either, but the long history of the Roman Empires have always fascinated me, and i love to discuss it with more knowing people.

It's an honour to be a member, thank you for your tolerance :D