UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello UNRV!

I've been a member previously, but it's been years. I took my BA in Classics, then an MS in Computer Science and have been trudging in the code mines for many years now. I'm returning to my first love, having spent a lot of time recently researching the late empire in Britain and northern Germany/Denmark.

This has been such a great site for such a long time -- good info, great people, helpful atmosphere. Hope to meet all you fine folks in the forum!

• Like 1

Hello Grondhammer,

welcome to the forum, glad you finally took the plunge :)

Hi everyone! Thrilled to find this board...I studied history and Latin in college, then political philosophy as a grad student before going on to write fiction. I'm coming full circle now...writing a historical fiction novel that takes place in imperial Rome! Hoping to get some good information here to supplement what I've been digging up on my own...and looking forward to meet fellow enthusiasts of Roman history! :)

• Like 2

Welcome Lucretia81,

very happy to have you, feel free roam the forum and dont be shy to ask any question :)

cheers

viggen

Welcome to UNRV, Lucretia81! Looking forward to finding out more about your novel, sounds exciting!

Hello, I am posting  - for the first time -  simply to say how much I have enjoyed this site and its forum topics over the course of some time. My interests are related to the recurring nature of phenomena within a social matrix of central sophistication and devolving intricacy as the centers of a society are left. This was so in Rome and remains so today.

I shall not post often or over much as I am busy with researches into the field of semiotics and non-conscious cognitive functions of the brain and their relation to the developing collective psyche' of the masses. These absorb most of my time but I do find reading the posts and forums to be quite relaxing . So, again, I thank you and express my appreciation to you and for your efforts - delightful.

...hello timrudi,

welcome to the forum, hope to hear from you from time to time, and we have a off topic section and you are welcome to inform us once in a while about your extremely interesting research! :)

Welcome to UNRV, Timrudi! Wow, your research sounds complex. Are you a neuroscientist, a linguist, or a linguistic neuroscientist...? :blink:

Avete!

Not much knowledge of the ol' Empire (other than high school - a long time ago) but would like to learn a few things. Such as what happened to many of the people after the Fall of Rome. I know it sounds odd but that's history.

I'll try to contribute anything I run accross that hasn't been posted/talked about but that looks like it might be a bit hard to do in this forum.

Vide!

• Like 1

Welcome to UNRV, Tudor! 

Hello, everyone. :)

I have been interested in Roman history for many years, particularly after seeing I, Claudius back in the '70s. Since then I've done a lot of reading, watched a fair number of documentaries, and joined a bilingual Latin/English forum. I never had the chance to take Latin in school, so I'm trying to learn what I can now. I'm happy to have found this site and look forward to exploring and learning more.

• Like 1

Hi Valka D'Ur, great to have you here... :)

I hope you feel welcome and if you have any questions, just ask!

cheers

viggen

Hi,

I am from Slovakia, I live in Trencin town, where Romans left the inscription on the rock after victory of legions over germanic tribes in 179 AD. First time I met with roman history about 25 years ago in basic school.  I am focused mainly on history Roman (and Byzantine) Empire and its relations with germanic tribes and Persians. My further interest is focused on the period of the Greco - Persian relations.

I have lot of knowledges about empire, negative thing is that I never visited Rome (but maybe in close future it will be changed). I visited Constantinople (nowadays it's called Istanbul) 5 years ago.

My favorite emperors are Augustus, Vespasianus, Traianus, Marcus Aurelius, Iulianus (Apostate) and Iustinianus.

I knew this community board few years but registered only few days ago :D

• Like 1

Welcome Valka D'Ur and Axel to UNRV!