UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Many people have joined UNRV this year.

Please introduce yourself and feel free to post.

guy also known as gaius

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings all,

I found this site by accident looking for a witty quote on slavery by Cato ( the elder I think.. ) it took me to a discussion on conditions of keeping slaves etc I found this fascinating. I was trained in sociology / economics and after a time became an artist. 
I am currently due to ill health not doing much of anything. However I hope to do some oils this year. 

good to be here 👍🏻😊 

Titus.

Hi All from Australia!

I'm just an enthusiast, and military buff. I have been to the site of the battle in the Teutoburg Forest, it was a profound experience, and coming from the other side of the planet, I daresay not too high on many Australian tourists lists of things to see! I also visited the Bielefeld Viaduct on the same day, so as you can see, I'm aware of the 'lesser known' places of military history that most just drive past.

Like most Roman Army tragic's, I have a suit or armour on a stand, a couple of spears and a pilum and shield.

My plan is to make an Aquila to display behind the stand using an old brass eagle I've had for years, with a banner for one of the legions lost at the Teutoburgwald, which of course is going to have to be 'created'. Also going to make a few more pila because, well, I can.

Thanks for having me.

Welcome, you guys. Please post your opinions and random musings.

I hope you feel better, soon, TitusCrow. I have recently been dealing with a few health challenges, also. By focusing my interests on ancient Rome, I am better to maintain a positive outlook while I (too slowly!) regain my health.

Fortunately, as this pandemic rapidly improves (at least in the US and UK), we can soon hope for a “return to normalcy.”  

Edited by guy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new to social media actually, in fact the only reason i joined social media is to learn about ancient history. The twitter account is of my father.

I am interested in learning more about ancient Rome, especially ancient roman millitary and religion. Hope this forum will help me. This thread is quite old, so I don't know, well, how alive this forum is.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

I am a new user from Russia. I've been through rather cumbersome registration here (by some reason, the forum disallows Russian registration emails 🙂), but you may find my posts (under the same name) on worldhistoria and historum, where I no longer participate in discussions due to certain issues with moderation (I ain't blocked there though). Among local posters I seem to know only caldrail. 

I am not a professional historian, but do have experience in writing on historical subjects. My interests in history are rather broad and include finance, crime, slavery, religions. 

Looking forward to participating in local discussions. 

• 1 month later...

Acquiring a wealth of experience in writing articles on trends and prospects for the development of the game industry in the world I I've found myself as a Freelance Journalist. I am writing now about blockchain and cryptocurrencies trends, sometimes covering importance of bitcoin for various other industries.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to our newest members. Please post when you can. Things have been a little slow around here the last few months.

Erik: You may want to reach out to Ian Hughes (Sonic) who has done some excellent work (and written several books) on the late Roman Empire.