UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello, I am 13 years old and live with my parents. No, just kidding, I am 37 years old and have studied history, Roman in earnest, for, must be, 3 decades now. I live in Montana, USA but originally hail from Ohio. I made my way west after University, and eventually settled in Montana, via, Alaska where I trained sled dogs for 3 years. I am now, and have been for the last 11 years self-employed. My interests, other than history, are; Roman numismatics, hiking, mountain climbing, fossil/rock hunting, loud new rock music (pardon me , what did you say?) and, of course, writing. Glad to meet everyone, I look forward to many interesting discussions. Does anybody care to discuss the social and economic ramifications of the debasement of the antoninianus beginning in 250 AD which leads to the Diocletianic monetary reform of 284 AD? Hmmm, where should I start this topic? Anyway, again, glad to meet the citizens of UNRV. Pax

(Pertinax Posted Nov 17 2005, 11:03 PM)

Salve Marcus Julius !

your English is excellent .You are too modest of Finnish history , The Winter War ( and its continuation) is an unbelievable undertaking for a people few in number but big in resolve against an arrogant enemy.

Pertinax

is the work of Eino Lukkannen the famous aviator still available in Finland? (forgive my spelling of his name).

Well Pertinax, I'm not wery familiar with Eino Luukkanen. But do you mean this book: Fighter over Finland: The Memoirs of a Fighter Pilot. I think it can be found in some book shops and libaries.

Marcus Julius

Edited by Marcus Julius

Salvete salusque!

Wow, you have an amazing site! I paid a visit a few months ago and there was hardly anything here. Glad that's changed for the better. :)

I have a lifelong love for all things ancient that borders on an obsession. Rather than seek help, I went to school and got a degree in Classics and Ancient History. I may return to school someday to work on a graduate degree.

Again, great site for Roman history and antiquity! I've enjoyed what I've read here so far.

Salvete salusque!

Wow, you have an amazing site! I paid a visit a few months ago and there was hardly anything here. Glad that's changed for the better. :)

I have a lifelong love for all things ancient that borders on an obsession. Rather than seek help, I went to school and got a degree in Classics and Ancient History. I may return to school someday to work on a graduate degree.

Again, great site for Roman history and antiquity! I've enjoyed what I've read here so far.

Hello Ti. Coruncanius and welcome to Unrv.com!

Thanks for your kind words ;)

regards

viggen

Hi Viggen!

Thanks for the welcome. I saw this site a while back but was very busy at the time and very little seemed to be here at the time. I found UNRV again when searching for Roman History and computer games. This site and the webpages for Roma Victor came up. Are any of you playing/testing Roma Victor? It looks very cool.

Hello,

I am currently a freshman at the university of Virginia. I took Latin from sixth grade up through eleventh grade. The stories and history lessons there, as well as what I learned in my 10th Western Civ class, fueled a mild interest in ancient Rome. When we studied Rome this year in my college Western Civ class, I became even more interested and starting checking out books from the college's humanities library. I was searching for a forum where Roman history and culture was discussed, and this was what I found.

yes thanks for having this site up I actually stumbled apon it while at school and i signed up after i finished and I just wanted to say thanks again. now i can finally talk about this stuff and have people who know what i am talking about lol

I'm new here , and think that this site is great, i know plenty about the Greeks and Alexander The Great who i have read and studied about for a long time,and now i have decided that it is time to start learning about the other great civilisation and the Roman Empire. What a terrific site.

Kathleen

Indiana, US (born in Missouri, also lived in Arizona, New Mexico, and Alabama)

43 (just about qualified for a senior citizen here!!)

engineer working for a pharmaceutical manufacturer

married, six kids - several of them older than a lot of you guys!

member of All Empires and Simaqian

hobbies (other than history) - photography, hiking, canoeing, biking, tennis

and did somebody say beer??? (Killians, Blue Moon, Amber Bock... )

Nice forum.

Welcome! You are a spring chicken at 43! Beer -oh yes, and food -there are lively threads on Roman/Pict ;) and Modern equivalents

I just searched through all 15 pages of this thread and see that I never introduced myself here (in other threads yes but not this one)

Hi I'm Pantagathus and I'm currently working on building a time machine for these purposes:

1. To have a torrid affair with Crispina, wife of Commodus before he has her whacked.

2. To accomplish transoceanic travel with an available vessel of the ancient world. (Probably a 'gaulos' or merchantmen)

3. To give Hapchetsut a high five.

4. To find out where the Hyperboreans really lived.

5. To drink a cauldron of beer with some Picts.

6a. To write a Pelasgian dictionary & grammar aid.

6b. To write a Tartessian

How glad I am to have found this site!

Salvete, omnes.

I am a Latin teacher in Memphis, TN and found this site while looking for a forum that my students might use. What a treasure trove of useful information this place is! Thanks to the creators and webmasters. I look forward to many stimulating discussions and informative articles.

Valete.

How glad I am to have found this site!

Salvete, omnes.

I am a Latin teacher in Memphis, TN and found this site while looking for a forum that my students might use. What a treasure trove of useful information this place is! Thanks to the creators and webmasters. I look forward to many stimulating discussions and informative articles.

Valete.

Welcome to UNRV!

You're a teacher, well I'm a student(at Loyola Academy). I'll be sure to ask you some questions. Oh also, anytime I translate something wrong, please correct me.

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus