UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Salvete, I'm Centurion (real name ihsan -not ishan-) from Ankara (Ancyra-Galatia), Turkey :) I'm 18 years old, gonna be 19 soon; I'm a student at the Department of History in the Hacettepe University. I was invited to this forum by Valens.

My main areas of interest in history are the Steppes-Central Asia (especially the Tujue/G

Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello. My main areas of study (which i am currrently working towards a major for) are primarily Ancent Rome especially the Roman military before and after the Maruis reforms, Greece .(i won't bore you by listing them all) and the ancient world in general.

My real name is John i hail from Ohio and i am 19 years of age. And as for my user name well, their Rome's finest!

Guest rbombard

Greetings,

I am new in interest to this topic. I am one who saw the Gladiator movie and have been doing some reading on ancient rome. I can't seem to get enough on the subject. Especially the roman military. Is there a recommended reading list?

since I don't have a Latin name, yet I'll go with my own.

-Roger

Hi everybody :)

Nice to be here with other like me ;) I mean people who love Roman Empire , so for everybody who don't like this period of the Human history - don't be wory you all shall be slaves soon ;) So i hope we will have a good time toghether , in near future .

Thanks Primuspilus :) But one small thing caught my eye:

The territory in modern central Turkey known as Galatia was an oddity in the eastern world. It was originally home of the ancient civilization of the Hittites

Actually, Galatia (region around Ankara) and Hatti were two different areas separated by the K

Hey folks,

Love the site. What does UNRV stand for? Have been interested in Roman history for sometime now and have read many of the primary and secondary sources. I'm a firm believer in the adage "Past is Prologue", see where we're heading?

Hi! I'm Ovid E.D. Llorito of Muntinlupa, Philippines. I am a third year student of a public school. I like the Romans because that's where I got my name. I like Strategy games involving Nations and I play the Romans most of the time. SPQR- the Senate and the People of Rome