UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Thanks for the advice and welcome, guys! Since onomastics is (obviously) an interest of mine, I did do a site search to see if there were any topics started on Roman names and naming. Couldn't find any. Do you remember any?

-- Nepilla

I'm new here as well. I'm from Vancouver Island (Canada) and came across this site when researching a short story I was writing set in Vindolanda during the building of Hadrian's Wall. Last autumn I had the pleasure of spending a day and a half near Haltwhistle and went to Housesteads Fort and Vindolanda. I need to go back and see the rest of the wall. That trip also took me to the south of France where I went to the Theatre at Orange and the Pont du Gard.

I finished my honours degree in Greek and Roman Studies (focus on Roman Social History) in 2002 as a mature student who decided to follow her passion in her thirties. Anyway I love this site and will start posting, especially now that I realize I can improve my position in society!

I'm new here as well. I'm from Vancouver Island (Canada) and came across this site when researching a short story I was writing set in Vindolanda during the building of Hadrian's Wall. Last autumn I had the pleasure of spending a day and a half near Haltwhistle and went to Housesteads Fort and Vindolanda. I need to go back and see the rest of the wall. That trip also took me to the south of France where I went to the Theatre at Orange and the Pont du Gard.

I finished my honours degree in Greek and Roman Studies (focus on Roman Social History) in 2002 as a mature student who decided to follow her passion in her thirties. Anyway I love this site and will start posting, especially now that I realize I can improve my position in society!

Welcome to our little corner of Romanophilia Ummidia. You'll find that we have a good number of regular posters who are personally familiar with the wall.

Guest Gaivs Marivs

Ave! I am Gaivs Marivs. I was Consul of Rome 7 times. Lvcivs Cornelivs Svlla was an enemy of mine, and there was a civil war between us. I was assassinated when Svlla's forces took Rome.

No, not really. I'm a 22 year old guy from Australia who is interested in Roman history. I hope to learn a lot from other members, as well as hope to share my insights on Roman history with you. I love reading first-hand sources like Julius Caesar's "Commentaries". To me, they present a unique perspective that, although biased, is nonetheless essential in our understanding of Roman history.

Hm. I'm not exactly new here, so to speak, but I've had a long hiatus, and I wasn't exactly active before I did. So I guess you could call me new. I usually pop in whenever I have a Latin project, like right now.

Hi!

Guest nan

:ph34r:

Very very glad I could find a forum like this. I like ancient history, esp Roman history, but I come into many questions when learning it. I hope I can discuss them and learn more here!

Edited by nan

Hello, also new here.

Looking forward to joining the interesting discussion topics here!

Edited by Maladict

Hey everyone, I''m sort of new and live in Perth, australia, i moved a couple of weeks ago and its cool,

I love the site and the feedback. I'm a writer of both factual based novels and fictional, however my work has been semisuccesful.

edit:found it! notice it's not me because it is december 8 and my birthday is one day before so i would be recovering from drinking that day.

Edited by Vibius Tiberius Costa

Hello everyone. I'm from Porto (then known as Portucale) in Northern Portugal (then the southern part of the province of Gallaecia).

History is one of my favourite subjects and since my knowledge of the Roman period is so-so, I decided to join this forum in order to learn more about it.

Finally, I must say that I find the design of this forum quite attractive and well-made. Congratulations to the designers. :blink:

Hail to all.

I've been living in Korea and Japan for some years now but good in many respects to be back in Europe and the trawling around ancient remains can resume with zeal.

Thanks

Hello everybody. Im 31 years old lawyer from Poznan in Poland. In love with Roman history since watched British TV series "I Claudius" when was about 10 years old and since that time reading everything about Rome i can catch.

Hello everybody. Im 31 years old lawyer from Poznan in Poland. In love with Roman history since watched British TV series "I Claudius" when was about 10 years old and since that time reading everything about Rome i can catch.

Would you please put Poznan, Poland in your identification. It really would help.

And, welcome.

Edited by Gaius Octavius

Would you please put Poznan, Poland in your identification. It really would help.

And, welcome.

Like "Brookfordshiresexingham" helps? :angry: :wub:

I think Mosquito should put "Posnania, Polonia" in his profile identification. And get a Roman name for himself, too! :P

Salve, welcome, Mosquito!

-- Nephele