UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Welcome Simplus...

I saw your "Nova Roma" site - that's a bit too 'out there' for me.  But, this site looks great.

We have no affiliation with Nova Roma. As I understand it, its a virtual Roman community? But, thanks for the compliments.

Dan..

I fully expect this question to sound stupid, but can someone tell me what "UNRV" stands for? I assume its a university, but I am in the dark.

Not stupid at all. Just something we came up with a long time ago. It stands for United Nations of Roma Victor. The idea being... this is a place for all those with interest in the glory of Rome to come together and share ideas, etc. I'm not a big fan of the name, (being an American I have a natural aversion to the UN :) ) but we definately have an international flair around here.

And yes we know the context is wrong is wrong in strict Latin.

Locke

I'm here until I'm there...

Glad to have you, until you're there, of course.

By the way folks, I don't mean to be rude, but I don't reply to general conversation around here as much as I should. I am quite often researching or writing articles for the content part of the site. Just didn't want people to think I was ignoring topics, but frequently, when I have time to focus on UNRV.com things, I tend to dive deeply into writing.

Not a problem primuspilus. Thanks for the answer. I think this site is a great idea. Hopefully it will catch on and more people will join up.

hey every one! my name is Skel.

i stumbled across this site a while ago while looking for anciet rome/pre-rome history. i wasnt sure at first if this site was even still functional but apparently yall post here quite a bit!

um.. a lil about myself. i love ancient history. primarily ancient rome and gaelic history. infact i love it so much that i am a member of a medieval combat society called Belegarth. and as soon as i turn 18 and go off to college i will be joining the SCA and hopefully learning as much as possible about pre 1700s history.

Welcome Skel, glad to have you. We may go through periods with little activity, but our forum is becoming more active with time. The more the merrier... or so they say. Who exactly are they anyway :)

I just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Silentium, I'm from Roma. I'm a foreign languages student and I needed some info that I didn't know how to translate into English when I found this website and I have to say it's very accurate, so I said..why not registering on the forum? :P

Guest spartacus

A big hello to all ! :lol:

Intro-time, I am 42 and reside in Manchester UK, I have followed the Ancient World - Roman in particular since 1968, a long time I know, but I always find new things to fascinate me and with the roman world you never stop learning!

When time and money allows, I love to visit roman sites, my favourite being Gortyn on the island of Crete! I read virtually every night my books on the Ancient World, I am currently reading the Fall of Carthage by Adrian Goldsworthy which I can highly recommend!

I am wishing to study more on the Roman Navy ( see my post on discussion page) as I feel this is an "neglected" subject and one worthy of closer attention!

Anyway, I hope to contribute to the site as well as the enjoyment of reading the posts!

Regards

Spartacus

uh... hi im amcrazyjus and im new (duh!) sorry i took up space in your forum! (stop saying stupid stuff amcrazy) sorry again i talk to myself (shutup!!!)

Guest PhillySprtsPhanatic

hey could u guys help me with a little question that has been bothering me?

can u please name 5 roman empire technology advances thanks

heres a couple, and probably the most important...

The roman aqueduct

The Roman law code- and court system

Organization of the Roman legions

The Roman roads- very important.

Hello, I'm Isis, a 23 year old history student from the UK.

Ancient history, especially Ancient Rome, is a passion of mine. It was one of the reason I decided to go back to university and study for a history degree. Unfortunately my university doesn't run modules in this time period. <_<

I found this site while conducting a search on Hannibal.

Hello everybody, my names fatboy and I stumbled across your site today and its well cool. I was reading the forums for ages and figured since I'm a complete history freak myself I should log on ( or is it in ? ). I've left a couple of rambling posts already but just noticed that you should introduce yourself ( its the first forum thingy I've ever been on ).Please note I have a vastly inflated opinion of my own knowledge of history, so when I'm wrong ( as I'm sure I probably will be ) feel free to put me in my place, cos being wrong is how you learn. Anyhow, I'm 27, from Dublin, and obsessed with world history, so I think this site rocks. Ave