UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello all,

I know I came to the right place to shore up on my Roman history knowledge when I saw the newest member thinks Latin as a second language should be mandatory. If that's any indication, I'm sure I'll like this place a lot. I'm currently an undergrad classics major, so I hope this will become a good resource for me in the future. A couple of years I think and I'll be good enough to start contributing.

Welcome, skiman305! You'll find this a friendly, as well as informative, place!

-- Nephele

Hello all,

I know I came to the right place to shore up on my Roman history knowledge when I saw the newest member thinks Latin as a second language should be mandatory. If that's any indication, I'm sure I'll like this place a lot. I'm currently an undergrad classics major, so I hope this will become a good resource for me in the future. A couple of years I think and I'll be good enough to start contributing.

Welcome Skiman!

This provides an opportunity to reiterate what UNRV.com is all about. While there may be some subjects that people will not be comfortable discussing (there certainly are for me), I sincerely hope that new members and/or students are not too intimidated to join the conversation. What better way to expedite the learning process than by engaging in conversation with like-minded peers. Whether one has made ancient history a professional career choice, a private passion, or simply a passing interest, nobody should feel that they don't meet a certain sort of criteria to post on this forum. :lol:

A warm welcome to UNRV Skiman.

I'm sure this site will be a great source information to help you along on your course, and don't be afraid to contribute to any thread, we don't bite !.... Well not all of us anyway! :)

• 1 month later...

Hello to all. I just came across this site recently and I must say I'm impressed. I am always trying to improve my knowledge on roman history and it looks like this is the perfect place for it.

Welcome Skiman and Eric. Whatever your area of interest , I think you will find some dark corner of the site has discussion, images, bibilography and links regarding it.

Salve Romuli Parvi Nepotes! :) I'm new I came across this site, I have to admit, by accident. But thank God I did! My passion for the mighty Roman Empire came several years ago, and being a Romanian this passion grew stronger day by day. I studied Latin in school for two years, and I have participated at the Classic Languages National Olympiad two years in a row, and won a Special Prize ( yay! :D ). I recently entered University, and I'll be studying Law and Political Sciences. I've seen that there are plenty of users here with great knowledge, from whom I have a lot to learn, my being just a beginner in this field. Well, I'm looking forward to posting and meeting some pretty intriguing people! Cheers!

Salve Romuli Parvi Nepotes! :) I'm new I came across this site, I have to admit, by accident. But thank God I did! My passion for the mighty Roman Empire came several years ago, and being a Romanian this passion grew stronger day by day. I studied Latin in school for two years, and I have participated at the Classic Languages National Olympiad two years in a row, and won a Special Prize ( yay! :D ). I recently entered University, and I'll be studying Law and Political Sciences. I've seen that there are plenty of users here with great knowledge, from whom I have a lot to learn, my being just a beginner in this field. Well, I'm looking forward to posting and meeting some pretty intriguing people! Cheers!

Welcome to UNRV Titus Maccius Plautus

If your passion for Rome is as mighty as you say then you've definitely come to the right place! :)

BTW just what exactly was this special prize that you won?

• 3 weeks later...

Salvete Comites!

I'm a new member and I'd like to introduce myself on the Forum.

I'm an old guy, semi retired who has a deep and abiding interest in things Roman:

the Latin Language, tools used in construction (things like derricks, hand-tools, modularity of building components), architecture (plans, drawings, or just plain hard thinking), names evolving over time (as a glimpse of our own future), (like Venta Silurium to Caerwent), the Roman talent for organization (the Empire and their laws), the Military (I'm ex-military and know a little of the military mind) the creation of Cities (their successful locations in respect to the need for access for heavy transportation and resources - I'm a former land developer/builder ), and finally, dare I say, things passed over and missed by others if I may be so bold.

I have several subjects I'd like to bring up in the (near?) future, but I

Salve Faustus...

We are always pleased to welcome folks who can offer new and interesting perspectives on the ancient world. I'm also personally tickled anytime someone finds this forum, whether it be word of mouth or random internet search.

I hope you (as well as all newcomers) not only feel welcome but brush aside any apprehension at joining right into the discussion at hand.

Cheers,

Chris

Welcome, Faustus! Although, we've already become acquainted in PM (and I owe you a return letter). I'm sure you'll find a welcoming "home" here at UNRV!

-- Nephele

Ave, Faustus!

I look forward to benefitting from your expertise and interest in the building arts!

Many a poor unexpecting partner enjoying their breakfast alone at the local waffle house has been accosted and had to listen to an hour-long story of Ancient Rome from yours truly.

Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a breakfast.