UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

good evening all.

just like to say that i love your site!!

its increadably usefull as i am currently writing a novel set in the

medieval era and am in need of clarification of some aspects of history.

despite my novel being fantasy, i am drawing aspects of our past into the

story (such as clothing).

good job on the site!

Welcome, Whitewolf! Glad this site is helping you out with your novel. There's a lot of information to be found here. See you around the fora.

-- Nephele

Salve

I've only just discovered this site, which is pretty cool. I'm also a writer, currently working on a novel for children,

set mostly in Pompeii in AD 79. There seem to be a lot of other writers around.

When not at the laptop, or mentally treading the streets of 2000 years ago, I'm a microbiologist in England.

All the best

Saphira

Welcome to UNRV Saphira!

Like Gaius says I'm sure Flavia (aka Caroline Lawrence) would be only too happy to give you a few tips on children's novels or then again she might see you as a literary rival and want to scratch your eye's out for encroaching on "her patch"!! :dontgetit::rolleyes:

Good luck with the book.

Greetings,

Rome has always held a fascination for me, because I was born there, but raised in the USA. I enjoy reading history and am always trying to gather a clearer understanding of the forces that shaped peoples' lives in the past. Were they so different than us, I don't believe they were. I believe we have the same opportunities to shape our destinies as they did. The question for today is; do we have the will?

Happy to join such an active group and looking forward to some interesting topics.

Edited by 21th century Roman

I'm going to call you "21" as "21st century Roman" is a bit too much to type.

Welcome to the forum, 21

Thank you for your welcome. Yes, 21th century Roman is a bit long, but I suppose that that is what I am. My latin name would be Renatus, but 21 will do just as well. See you in the formum.

Hello to everyone. My name is Ryan and I've been a history geek since I was in elementary school. I am especially obsessed with Roman and Byzantine history. I'm 27 years old and live in Richmond, Virginia, USA. Although I'm a college dropout, I've decided to return to school (hopefully as soon as next autumn) to major in history. I am also thinking about writing a book about rome/byzantium, though this is a difficult challenge, as there are already countless volumes on the subject.

Hello to everyone. My name is Ryan and I've been a history geek since I was in elementary school. I am especially obsessed with Roman and Byzantine history. I'm 27 years old and live in Richmond, Virginia, USA. Although I'm a college dropout, I've decided to return to school (hopefully as soon as next autumn) to major in history. I am also thinking about writing a book about rome/byzantium, though this is a difficult challenge, as there are already countless volumes on the subject.

It would seem like you've found a place on the net where you''ll fit right in ;)

History geeks we all are here!

Welcome!

Welcome, Ryan! Best wishes on your plan to return to college, major in history, and someday write a book. You'll find this site a great online "home" of folks with shared interests.

-- Nephele

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really like this site..so far this is the best site I've found on the subject of roman/byzantine history. It's nice to meet others who share my passion for history.

thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I really like this site..so far this is the best site I've found on the subject of roman/byzantine history. It's nice to meet others who share my passion for history.

Welcome Ryan, and to many others since the last time I posted in this thread. I try not to post here too often, simply so as not to cover up the posts of new folks, but I'd be remiss if I didn't at least give the occasional blanket "welcome" to the people who make this forum what it is.

Cheers!