UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

G'day. This site rocks. I've been to the baths, the library, the games and the forum, and had some discussions that have been interesting. That Gaius Octavius, what a laff. Still trying to locate the beer, though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm a nurse, who is very interested in roman history. I have no formal education on it, though I've had read books, and had many discussions about this with my boyfriend (BA in ancient history). So far the site seems intimidating, since I feel i know less than most here, but I will try to participate and have some fun and hopefully learn lots.

Hi all, my girlfriend and I were looking around for a Roman history forum to join together, since it's something we already discuss daily. I wish I had a better memory for it -- I remember the interesting parts, but soon forget where I read what. I've been to a dig in Israel, and we really look forward to taking our first trip to Rome later this year or next year.

Welcome, Camilla Optima and Colin!

Camilla, don't feel intimidated -- lots of folks here find this board a great place to learn while having fun. As long as you have a passion for ancient Rome, you'll find yourself in good company!

Colin, is Camilla Optima your girlfriend? And that dig in Israel you've been to is something I'd like to hear more about!

-- Nephele

Welcome to UNRV Camilla and Colin. I think you guys could well be our first "couple" on the forum!!!

Camilla, I'm in the same boat as you, as are many of us here so don't feel intimidated at all. This site will certainly help to improve your knowledge.

Every day's a school day at UNRV :blink:

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have studied history as a hobby for a long time, but had not spent much time on the romans. While stationed in Germany I became more interested, particularly since it seemed that so much is being newly discovered there, from the roman period. I have gotten back for holidays a few times since and more or less stumbled unto the Limes, and have visited a few of the sites and museums along it. Anyway, I have become really fascinated in the Romans, Kelts and Germanic Tribes & have been looking for a place to discuss them and more or less stumbled into here! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings-

I'm a 20 year old student, with the intention of teaching one day, hopefully the classics. Im currently attending Washtenaw Community College, and plan to transfer to Michigan State University in the winter. My interests include the latter Republic and the first 200 years of the empire(though I love it all, I tend to stay in the this region, as do many others). Im so glad I found this site, Ive been up to 2am multiple times reading the forums, and I have to say that my knowledge of Roman history has noticable improved. Interaction with people tends to give me a break from just flat out reading every book, and its quite refreshing. Thanks a bunch to anyone and everyong who made this site possible. Cheers

Greetings-

I'm a 20 year old student, with the intention of teaching one day, hopefully the classics. Im currently attending Washtenaw Community College, and plan to transfer to Michigan State University in the winter. My interests include the latter Republic and the first 200 years of the empire(though I love it all, I tend to stay in the this region, as do many others). Im so glad I found this site, Ive been up to 2am multiple times reading the forums, and I have to say that my knowledge of Roman history has noticable improved. Interaction with people tends to give me a break from just flat out reading every book, and its quite refreshing. Thanks a bunch to anyone and everyong who made this site possible. Cheers

Welcome to UNRV mikeal1917,

Glad your enjoying the site but be warned it does become pretty addictive!!! :yes: and good luck with your schooling, hope it all works out. :)

• 1 month later...

I decided to introduce myself before jumping in on the forums and making a fool of myself and my little knowledge. My name is Chris, and I live in Houston, plus I might be one of the younger people here, for I am only sixteen. Anything any one wants to ask me?

I decided to introduce myself before jumping in on the forums and making a fool of myself and my little knowledge. My name is Chris, and I live in Houston, plus I might be one of the younger people here, for I am only sixteen. Anything any one wants to ask me?

Hi, Chris! I get to ask a question? Okay... Do you have friends at school who are also into ancient Rome, or do you find yourself isolated in your interests?

And, welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Hi Zanatos, Welcome to UNRV

I've got a couple of questions for you....

What's it like to be young??

Why do young people always rub it in by saying how old they are?? :ph34r: