UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello everyone,

I've been hanging around a few days catching up on reading messages and looks like I'll be reading for a few more days. Great site with tons of great information.

My name is Chad, I'm from western North Carolina in the Smokey Mountains. I've been a history nut since the 5th grade and spent alot of years reenacting American history periods between the 1700s and 1900s but now my reading and collecting interest is mainly centered around Roman history so I'll probably be hanging around alot.

Chad

• 3 weeks later...
Hi I am Scipio Africanus Major,I'm 32 years old and I am a longtime student of Roman and ancient history.I have been "lurking" around this site for several days and I like what I have seen so far. I look forward to talking [and debating :) ] with everyone. :)

Welcome aboard, Scip!

-- Nephele

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I'm Tim from Western Australia, doing an arts degree at University and majoring in Ancient History! That aside, my interest in all things Roman is comparatively new, but I love it all the same.

Hi all!

I'm Tim from Western Australia, doing an arts degree at University and majoring in Ancient History! That aside, my interest in all things Roman is comparatively new, but I love it all the same.

Welcome Tim... we're happy to have all kinds of newcomers, whether recently exposed to ancient history or established scholar. And it doesn't hurt to add to our rather sparse Australian population here :)

G'day everyone!

Just joined - my main area of interest is women's history - therefore I have covered quite a diverse range of histories and cultures.

Hoping to participate fully ..... once I have a peek through the older topics.

~~~ Take care on life's great journey ~ Melisende

Just joined - my main area of interest is women's history - therefore I have covered quite a diverse range of histories and cultures.

I see you've chosen a fine screen name for yourself, o Queen of Jerusalem! Welcome!

Very nice website you have, too!

-- Nephele

My time spent on the forum for the past few months has been seriously limited due to work commitments but I always like to welcome new members as often as I can so here goes.....

WELCOME!!! Chris08, PM!, SainthoodDenied, Scipio Africanus Major, Ti.Modius.Q and Melisende.

Enjoy UNRV eveyone :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
G'day everyone!

Hoping to participate fully ..... once I have a peek through the older topics.

~~~ Take care on life's great journey ~ Melisende

Oh, just plow right in. That a topic has been discussed to death before has never stopped anyone on this forum from resurrecting it solely to molest its corpse.

I am intrigued by your area of interest. Have you read Roman Women by Eve D'Ambra?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Salvete omnes,

Ursus introduced me to these forums. I have had a life-long love of ancient Rome, as well as other cultures around the Mediterranean. I took Latin in high school, and also learned alot about the Roman Empire from those classes. However, there is so much more I'd like to learn or refresh my memory on. I'm trying to brush up on Latin, but it is a slow process. One of my main interests has been Roman mythology and religion/belief, both local/state and what was adopted from other parts of the Empire and beyond. I would like to learn more about other aspects of ancient Roman society as well. Last March, I had the amazing experience of traveling to Rome for two weeks (the trip also included Nemi, Ostia, and Caere). Thanks again for the invite, Ursus!

Lupercus