UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Salve, Lupercus! I took Latin in high school, too, and it was my favorite class. The fact that it was my smallest class (only about eight students, total) had a lot to do with it, too.

Roman mythology is one of your main interests? Mine too! (Right after Roman nomenclature.) Perhaps you might like to join us in this fun thread: Mythteries

Welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

• 2 months later...

Priscus Omnibus sal,

I just joined the other day and thought I would introduce myself. Even though I have gotten the UNRV blanagram from Nephele (Aulus Cascellius Melior) I will be using my name from Nova Roma and The Societas Via Romana. Which is Quintus Servilius Priscus. I have been a member of NR since 2001 and have served as Legatus pro praetore (Provincial Governor), Lictor, Diribitor, and Tribune of the Plebs. I also am a member of The Societas Via Romana where I have served as Censor and Senator. I am presently one of the three Curatores of the SVR and handle membership applications. My interest in Ancient Rome is in the study of the Roman Intelligence Services (i.e. the Frumentarii, Agentes in Rebus, Curiosi and others) both Republican and Imperial.

Optime Valete,

Quintus Servilius Priscus

Curator SVR

Salve!

I'm Aurelia (Cotta) and have just joined UNRV. I love the website so far and am looking forward to interacting with other Ancient Rome aficionados.

I have always had a keen interest in ancient and medieval history and have over the years read countless books on a range of different topics within this genre. I even took a course on Greek and Roman Literature and Thought at university and would have delved deeper into the subject had I not been taking too many courses already. I did do Latin on the side but that was a long time ago so I have forgotten most of it. Fortunately my mother tongue is Latin-based which means it's not possible to forget everything!

Hello Aurelia, please feel welcome to join in the discussion wherever your interests may be. :thumbsup:

Thank you, Primus Pilus, I suppose I have already joined a few.

Howdy, Aurelia. Welcome aboard.

Thanks Ursus. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings from tk421!

I am very happy to join this forum community. My interests include Roman History, mainly the Imperial period but also of the late republican period. I enjoy reading about Roman political and military history.

May I ask what forum ranks are available on the site?

Have a good day!

Greetings from tk421!

I am very happy to join this forum community. My interests include Roman History, mainly the Imperial period but also of the late republican period. I enjoy reading about Roman political and military history.

May I ask what forum ranks are available on the site?

Have a good day!

Welcome, tk421! You may find this topic helpful, regarding your question about forum ranks:

A Note on Member Ranks, Forum Member Groups, etc.

And, if you'd like to know your "Hidden Roman Name," I invite you to this topic. ;)

-- Nephele

I just registered on this forum, and thought I should introduce myself.

I'm Will, i'm 24 years old, and i'm absolutely fascinated with Roman History. My main period of interest in Roman times is the era of the Late Republic/Early Empire. I've read through a handful of threads on here though, and by the looks of things, i'm clearly going to be out of my league in many of these discussions, so i'm probably going to end up doing a lot more lurking/reading and question asking, then actually getting into in depth, detailed discussions!

I'm only going to be around for about 2 weeks, then i'll be taking an extended vacation from this place(I'm off to Basic Training from April 12th-July 17th), but i'll no doubt be returning soon after i'm done, because i'd like to soak up all the knowledge I can about this fascinating period in history, and this seems like as good a place as any to do that!

Welcome aboard, Will! Basic Training doesn't sound like much of a vacation, but we'll be looking forward to your return when you're done. In the meantime, enjoy UNRV -- and we'll enjoy your visit!

-- Nephele