UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Salvete!

I'm Jasmine, hailing from Arkansas, USA. Thought I'd finally register and say hello and thank you for all of the fascinating info you offer.

I'm an overage undergrad, finally finding my passion in life by going back to school, majoring in Classics and Anthropology with a minor in Philosophy. I am currently focusing on the various aspects of pre-500CE religion: cultural, social, economic, architectural, and political, particularly with the cult of Isis.

I'm a senior now, but since it took me over a decade to get back to school, I think I'll stay a bit longer :)

Jasmine

Salvete!

I'm Jasmine, hailing from Arkansas, USA. Thought I'd finally register and say hello and thank you for all of the fascinating info you offer.

I'm an overage undergrad, finally finding my passion in life by going back to school, majoring in Classics and Anthropology with a minor in Philosophy. I am currently focusing on the various aspects of pre-500CE religion: cultural, social, economic, architectural, and political, particularly with the cult of Isis.

I'm a senior now, but since it took me over a decade to get back to school, I think I'll stay a bit longer :)

Jasmine

Welcome Jasmine and enjoy! :D

Salvete!

I'm a senior now, but since it took me over a decade to get back to school, I think I'll stay a bit longer :rolleyes:

Jasmine

Oh ..... you and I could have some interesting discussions.

Wow, I guess I have never formally introduced myself.

I found this site while working on a National History Day project on the Roman military. I loved this place. I joined the forums, but I was overwhelmed by all the content. After a while on a floosey Myspce ancient history forum, I remembered I made an account here and realized a window of oppertunity to learn more about Rome. I often find myself now reading and contributing to the forums, looking at the clock, and realizing an hour passed.

I'm glad I found this site, everyone here is serious (outside the Hora Postilla Thermae) and don't base their knowledge off hollywood productions. All the Latin for each forum, in my opinion adds to the site, and the class system is very cool. I also enjoy contributing to something that will stick around with me for a while, just something in return for all the information I can extract from this site.

I especially enjoy the great pictures of Pertinax and humor of a certain *cough*senator*cough* which all add to the experience. The Triumvirate and Legati all do an excellent job maintaining and publishing this site.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I'm a newbie here but I thought I should intro myself as the facility is available.

I live in North East England and am currently rehashing my web site about Hadrian's Wall. I began the project a few years ago and because of courses etc I have rather neglected it in the last couple of years. I hate to say that!!!

However, I have redesigned it and it is now available at http://www.harians-wall.info with a sub site for Segedunum (Wallsend) at http://www.segedunum.com

I have just restarted a forum in there too under 'Of Interest' called the Forum Romanum. Feel free to join and suggest topics etc!!

At the moment I am trying to revamp the gallery that shows pictures from Northern Neil (a member here) sent to me over the last two years. The present form shows the pictures but I am working on a version that will display the images larger than they are just now using CSS. It should be ready soon.

The site will deal with all forts on or around the Wall and several pages are to be added shortly for the forts west of Pons Aelius (Newcastle Upon Tyne). Take a look and pop a post somewhere to let me know your thoughts or ideas.

My main interests are Hadrians Wall and the Emperor's Augustus to Nero with a few more after that time including, of course, Hadrian. For my sins I support Newcastle United (no funnies please) and am currently studying Cisco Networking at college and Web Design through home study.

One of my favourite tv progs? Time Team of course!!

Thanks folks.... :P

Edited by Augustus Caesar

Hi Gaius

My fault!! The 'd' was missed out from the URL!!!

I have edited the post again to reflect the change. Thank you for pointing that one out. Great intro that isn't it when I can't even spell my own URL!! :P

I'll put them in here too to save anyone scrolling...

http://www.hadrians-wall.info

http://www.segedunum.com

The latter was the original site as at one time I was heavily involved with the fort staff and Tyne and Wear Museums. I have decided to expand the site though hence the first URL.

Thanks again.

I just realized that perhaps I should have introduced myself here first, before posting a new topic. Although, I pretty much introduced myself in Your Hidden Roman Name.

Not much else to add. Except that I found this site by surfing, and it seems to have the best message board on the subject of ancient Rome. I've been browsing the forums here, and reading a lot of interesting postings.

Just curious about one aspect of this board... I noticed that my post count doesn't appear to be increasing, although I believe I should have at least 5 postings now to my name. Am I destined to remain in the Servi Group forever? *sniffle*

-- Nepilla

Just curious about one aspect of this board... I noticed that my post count doesn't appear to be increasing, although I believe I should have at least 5 postings now to my name. Am I destined to remain in the Servi Group forever? *sniffle*

-- Nepilla

Welcome to the board Nepilla...

In order to encourage in depth discussion of the subject matter of the site, some time ago we decided to restrict post count increases to the 'historical' part of the forum. I'm not sure if its had any effect or not, but it certainly hasn't stifled posting in our 'off-topic' areas.

The good thing is... it only takes 10 posts to be liberated as a Plebe.

Maybe its time to revisit this policy... maybe not.

Welcome to the board Nepilla...

In order to encourage in depth discussion of the subject matter of the site, some time ago we decided to restrict post count increases to the 'historical' part of the forum. I'm not sure if its had any effect or not, but it certainly hasn't stifled posting in our 'off-topic' areas.

The good thing is... it only takes 10 posts to be liberated as a Plebe.

Maybe its time to revisit this policy... maybe not.

Thanks for the welcome, Primus Pilus! :)

I guess I'd be in favor of you revisitng that policy, as I think the majority of my postings here may be confined to my Roman Names topic. I chose the off-topic area because this is basically an amusement thing that I do, although one could say it has some historical aspects to it also, as I do research the Roman names I come up with for my blanagrams.

Otherwise, it looks as though I'm destined to remain a Serva. Ah well.

-- Nepilla

Don't be afraid to branch out, NH. When I first came to the site two years ago, my primary interest was in the Roman paganism of the Augustan era. Since then, thanks to interesting conversations with my colleagues and some of their book reviews, I've broadened my research and have become much more well-rounded.

There are those who seem to see this site as as a debating club, but I've always looked upon it as a learning experience. It is with the sentiments of the latter option I encourage you to poke around into discussions.

Don't be afraid to branch out, NH. When I first came to the site two years ago, my primary interest was in the Roman paganism of the Augustan era. Since then, thanks to interesting conversations with my colleagues and some of their book reviews, I've broadened my research and have become much more well-rounded.

There are those who seem to see this site as as a debating club, but I've always looked upon it as a learning experience. It is with the sentiments of the latter option I encourage you to poke around into discussions.

I totally agree Ursus, in the short time that i've been a member in this forum i've learnt a hell of a lot more on the roman culture, military, goverment etc, than i would have thought possible and you can also have a laugh whilst doing so

Go on NH poke away :lol: