UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

Hello all! I'm Kyle....after lurking for a week or two, I finally decided to join. I've only just begun my interest in The Roman Empire, so I'm not near as knowledgeable as a lot of the people around here. I've found this site to be a great help in my quest to learn about everything Rome. Plus it's a good way to burn up a lot of time while I'm at work :) .

I'll see you all around!

Kyle, you're fired!

Welcome and good luck.

Hello and Welcome Kyle..ignore GO he has eaten depraved oysters (again).

GO depraved? Kyle, if you want to see depravity at its apex, you are welcome to go to the Imaginary Party: http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showto...t=0&start=0.

Then guess who slipped the depraved oysters to me. You will see why I am the Pater Arcanae.

:blink:

Welcome Kyle :)

If you stick around long enough your knowledge of all things Roman will just keep getting better and better and before long you'll be a regular face at one of the Doc's sordid parties!

Welcome Kyle :)

If you stick around long enough your knowledge of all things Roman will just keep getting better and better and before long you'll be a regular face at one of the Doc's sordid parties!

Sounds like fun....Bring on the wine!!! :lol:

My parties are not sordid! At least, they're not planned to be....

Any and all are welcome...c'mon in, Kyle. The wine flows, and the food is plentiful!

Hello, everyone. I stumbled onto this site while doing research on the Battle of Watling Street. I took one look around, and saw it was a fantastic resource and forum to discuss all things Roman. I already recounted how I came to be a Romanophile in this thread: http://www.unrv.com/forum/index.php?showto...ost&p=65821

Other than the fact that I think Latin-as-a-second-language should be mandatory in our schools and I like cold, cold Beer, there's not much else about me I could say without boring everyone to tears.

So I'll just close by saying I look forward to reading your posts and interacting with everyone on the threads in this fantastic forum! ;)

On edit: fixed defective link.

Edited by Carthago delenda est

Welcome, C.D.E.! GREAT story about how you came to be a Romanophile! And, yes, I quite agree: Romans are the coolest badasses in religious crucifixion pageants! ;)

-- Nephele

Welcome to UNRV Carthago,

Given the choice of being pushed around dressed as a ragged old tramp or as a swaggering legionary dressed in full armour, I think I'd rather be the one doing the pushing as well! ;)

Oh yes I also like cold, cold beer too!

Welcome Carthago. I am sure you will contribute much to our ever-growing community - just as long as you remember that real beer should never be served very, very cold! It should be kept in a cold cellar - that's the trick!

Seriously - have fun here. We all look forward to posting with you.

Thank you for your warm welcomes. This is such a vast resource that I could literally spend hours reading through the fascinating post topics and subsequent threads every day--it humbles me to realize that after all the years I've studied Rome, I have only grasped the very tip of that scholarly iceberg.

Again, thank you for your warm welcomes, and I look forward to interacting with each of you on the forum about our favorite fallen civilization, the late, great Roman Empire (and Republic :shocking: ).

Other than the fact that I think Latin-as-a-second-language should be mandatory in our schools

ΜΑ ΘΕΟΣ! ΤΙ ΛΕΓΕΙΣ?

Seriously, you have no idea how much intensity it involves in becoming literate and educated in Latin grammar, rhetoric, poems...et alia. It's just a pain!

Edited by FLavius Valerius Constantinus