UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

I decided to introduce myself before jumping in on the forums and making a fool of myself and my little knowledge. My name is Chris, and I live in Houston, plus I might be one of the younger people here, for I am only sixteen. Anything any one wants to ask me?

Hi, Chris! I get to ask a question? Okay... Do you have friends at school who are also into ancient Rome, or do you find yourself isolated in your interests?

And, welcome to UNRV!

-- Nephele

Honestly, I am truly isolated; but then again I am one of the few people at my school who cares a lick about history before world war II so...yeah.

Honestly, I am truly isolated; but then again I am one of the few people at my school who cares a lick about history before world war II so...yeah.

You'll fit right in here. :ph34r:

Hey, I've got another question for you, now. It's been a few years since I was in high school -- is there a special name for the history students? You know, like there are the goths, the jocks, the preppies, the skaters, the geeks? I know these labels are all obnoxious, but I was wondering what label history students have to endure these days.

-- Nephele

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, everyone.

I'm Yukius, but i prefer to be called with my hidden name, Dyna ^^ Thanks.

I'm 19 and I'm a freshman. I just learnt Roman history for the last few weeks in my East-West history class and it has been so interesting for me and some of my friends ^^

And frankly... I found this site when I was trying to search for some information about Roman Emperors, because I have to make an art exhibition catalog for my final test this semester. Well.. I hope I can learn a whole lot more about Roman here ^^

Nice to meet you all!

:: Dyna ::

Hello, everyone.

I'm 19 and I'm a freshman. I just learnt Roman history for the last few weeks in my East-West history class and it has been so interesting for me and some of my friends ^^

And frankly... I found this site when I was trying to search for some information about Roman Emperors, because I have to make an art exhibition catalog for my final test this semester. Well.. I hope I can learn a whole lot more about Roman here ^^

Nice to meet you all!

:: Dyna ::

Welcome Dyna :naughty:

I'm quite sure that you'll learn a lot if you hang around here :lol:

Klingan

Welcome to UNRV Dyna

Take a look around the site, you'll find pretty much everything you need to know about Rome, but if you don't find what your looking for then just post a question and I'm sure one of the many know it all's around here will help you out!

Enjoy :lol:

Hello, everyone.

Welcome, Dyna! Tell your Roman history classmate/friends to come visit, too. I'll be happy to give them all hidden Roman names. :lol: And do explore around the site. There's lots here to discover and learn!

-- Nephele

Thank you very much for the warm welcome, guys!!! ^^

I'm sure that I'll learn a lot here, hehe ;)

Dyna

Welcome aboard, and enjoy! I think I remember seeing you as Yukius when you first signed in. You're one of the lucky ones. You've already 'navigated' well by getting one of Nephele's beautiful and authentic names and getting it to stick from the very start! Hope you'll share your find with your friends, Dyna.

Hello everyone! I've looked around some in different sections, but obviously I haven't done much writing as of yet. I originally ran across the UNRV site while seeking information about the Roman provinces and their capitals, but of course there is a lot more here than that and I look forward to seeing more (though it may take me a while to be able to).

Thanks for having me in!

Hello everyone! I've looked around some in different sections, but obviously I haven't done much writing as of yet. I originally ran across the UNRV site while seeking information about the Roman provinces and their capitals, but of course there is a lot more here than that and I look forward to seeing more (though it may take me a while to be able to).

Thanks for having me in!

Welcome, Alphaeus to UNRV! It's fun to look around to see how everything works, and to do some searching. Jump in when you're ready.

Faustus

Good evening all,

My name is David, and I'm a junkie. I've been reading history books since I was a youngster, and I have no less passion for it now that I am....not so young. What I've read about Roman history has been good, and very interesting, but I really struggle because of the vocabulary. Names, dates, places etc. are a little more problematic for me w/ ancient stuff. So I'm gonna just listen to some experts, and hope I can pick it up.

Thank ya'll for letting me tag along.

David

Well, If you have been reading history as long as that, I am sure we can all learn something from you too. Welcome aboard!

• 5 weeks later...

I guess this is where i should have come first but idiot me just jumped into the discussions which by the way are pretty interesting. I descovered the site while researching on the Grachchi about 8 months back but found the forum only a week ago! Amazing site. It's really useful because upto-date information on either Ancient Greece or Rome is more or less non existent in my part of the world.