UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums
Viggen

Welcome and Introduce Yourself Here

I guess this is where i should have come first but idiot me just jumped into the discussions which by the way are pretty interesting. I descovered the site while researching on the Grachchi about 8 months back but found the forum only a week ago! Amazing site. It's really useful because upto-date information on either Ancient Greece or Rome is more or less non existent in my part of the world.

Salve, Minerva, and welcome to UNRV.

It happened the same to me, LOL.

Thanks! sorry but which was the same experience loving the site or being stuck for resources?

Thanks! sorry but which was the same experience loving the site or being stuck for resources?

Both (ie, the first sentence of your initial statement)

I need to actually get into conversations. And check for typos apparently.

It is sometimes difficult to get in to the discussions here I agree, took me a long time. But just give it a try. I won't bite your head of (Some members might but hey they usually let you have it back after a while :lol:)

If you have a favorite subject or any question just start a new tread on it and see what springs up.

Both (ie, the first sentence of your initial statement)

Good thing there isn't a rigid "cursus honorum" like way of introduction and discussion else we'd both be chucked out before we've even begun LOL :whistling:

Good thing there isn't a rigid "cursus honorum" like way of introduction and discussion else we'd both be chucked out before we've even begun LOL ;)

Salve, M

That description may certainly fit my case.

I can't speak for you.

As long as you don't open with an inflammatory statement and/or highly controversial topic, I think you should feel quite free to start a thread. Most people are actually friendly and reasonable.

And if someone does happen to bite off your head when you didn't deserve it, let me know. I shall bite off their head.

Hey there everyone!

After maybe a year of lurking on this site, I finally decided to become a member myself. I really love what this site is about and the fact that I've been able to learn so much from it.

So let's see...a little about myself:

I'm eighteen years old and I've had a huge interest in ancient Roman history since I was in at least ten years old (no joke! A good childhood friend of mine used to tell me to "beware the Ides of March" whenever March would come along because I was so interested in ancient Rome :thumbsup: Good times, good times...). I find the Julio-Claudian era to be the most fascinating, but I'm always open to learning more about the events that transpired in other times. I also absolutely adore the various forms of art (music, paintings, the theater, you name it) as well as fashion in ancient Rome and I hope to learn more about it as a member here.

At the moment I plan on taking courses in the Greek and Roman classics in college as well as Latin, and I might even minor in one of them (at the moment I'm majoring in art).

I would absolutely love to visit Rome itself some day and take a tour of the Domus Aurea (any news on when it's re-opening? I haven't really had the chance to check that out...), as Nero has always been my favorite emperor despite what has been said about him ("All lies!" :P But seriously, I don't think he is half as bad as history made him out to be. He was not a saint by any means, but he still wasn't a monster in my opinion :) ) and it would just be awesome to be able to walk through the same hallways he would have walked through so many years ago. It truly must have been a sight to behold when it was finished...and I can't help but love the idea of the mosaics and the rotating ceiling. ;) I would kill to have been able to see that thing in action. :lol:

Well anyway, that's about all I can think to say here. I hope I'll have a great time on this site, and I can't wait to start participating in the debates and discussions.

See you all later,

Nina

Edited by nina

Welcome aboard, Nina! Glad you finally de-lurked yourself!

-- Nephele

Welcome to UNRV Nina !

The Domus Aurea is something I'd like to see too. I've been to Rome a couple of times but never managed to see it. But I will do one day!!!

I believe the Domus Aurea has been re opened to the public from the 26th June - 12th September 2008.

http://www.romeguide.it/domus_aureaeng/domus_aurea.htm

Thank you both for the welcome. :)

And also thank you Gaius for the link and info about the Domus Aurea. I will definitely take the time to visit it some day (and I hope you get to see it as well! Let me know how it was if you get there before I do). :)

Just saying hi, to all those Unrv people out there, my name at the moment is chris08 however once my hidden roman name has been found ill be useing that :), so ill let yall know whats going on,

chris

salve everone,

My name is Peter,I am 54 years young and am at present studying "A level " ancient history.I didn't know very much about Roman History until now and am fascinated about it. Hopefully I will find new friends on this website. :rolleyes:

Welcome all to the UNRV History Board!

Our intention is to make the greatest history site on the planet.

Please introduce yourself in this thread!

Stay on topic, and support Primuspilus in his duty as Moderator!

Enjoy yourself for great discussions on Roman History.

regards

Viggen

"Admin"

Edited by PM!

Hey PM im going on to do that at colledge in september! maybe we could do some together research wise and all!

EDIT: it read "im going on to day that" so i needed to change it

Edited by Chris08